Friday, September 30, 2011

World Card Making Day - October 1st!!!

Did you know that tomorrow ~ October 1st 2011 ~ is World Card Making Day????

Well it is and of course we (our business IRL) would have to get a HUGE order that we have to sew this weekend (14,000 yards worth)!  Soooo, I won't be able to share any fun challenges or anything tomorrow but I did want to show my support, offer up a little challenge
and give you a little inspiration a bit early.

My challenge to you....

Make a card without using ANY pattern paper!
If you need a pattern or background paper ~ make it using stamps in your stash.

Here are a few new cards to get your creative juices flowing....
Each of these cards was entirely stamped...
there are no pattern papers used in the making of these cards ;) 

Greek Goddess...

All stamps are Stampers Best; Die-cut - Spellbinders; Inks - Archival Ink - Ranger

SB - Greek Friend 1

You've Got Mail...
All Stamps - Stampers Best; Inks - Archival Inks - Ranger; Twine - unknown
SB - You've Got Mail 1

Smile Betty
All Stamps - Stampers Best; Inks - Archival Ink, Distress Ink, Distress Stain

SB - BG Smile 1

I hope tomorrow you get to create at least one card to help celebrate with crafters all over the world!!!

Have a super weekend everyone!!!

10 comments:

  1. All Lovely cards!! It's fun to make backgrounds with just stamps and sometimes it's actually easier 'cause you can pick your own colors. Have a good weekend Roni and good luck with the huge sewing project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first started stamping, I really couldn't afford to buy patterned paper, so I always looked at the stamps I would buy with an eye to use them as a background pattern as well as focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, fun, fun! I think I'll celebrate by making an anniversary card for my sweet husband. Sunday, 10/2, is our 12th wedding anniversary. As his gift this year I'm making wall art for our bedroom using a verse from Solomon: "My beloved is mine and I am my beloved's." (Solomon 2:16) We've been talking about decorating our bedroom and I think he'll love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fab Roni - I had to check out that stamp site, I can feel a little international ordering coming on! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun challenge...and something I do all the time! I used to try to find excuses to stamp (hee hee...as if one needs an excuse to stamp, right?) and then realized one day that I could make my own custom patterned papers! Change the colors and images and it was a limitless supply of fun! Sorry you won't be able to play this weekend, but a huge order is good for business!1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot to mention that I LOVE your examples, especially You've Got Mail! Great background and that cute little retro postman is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun cards and they look fantastic. I am hoping to spend some time tomorrow catching up on my black magic Discovery Journal pages. I hate being behind. Wonderful weekend of September surrendering to October...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards and very creative! When I first learned how to stamp Hero Arts stamps and paper was very popular which was all plain paper. It almost became a bit of a challenge for me to start card making with patterned paper.

    KimMJ
    bast830@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I very rarely use patterned paper as I love making backgrounds so your challenge is right up my street :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous challenge Roni~ and a great way to remind us of all the fun stamps we have.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!