Friday, September 9, 2011

Non Traditional Colors - Halloween Card

I was reading a magazine a while ago that challenged readers to use non-traditional colors to make Christmas cards.  Well, I am so not into the Christmas mind set yet so I thought it would be fun to apply the same concept to a Halloween card. 

Here is my version....instead of the traditional black, orange and purples I went with a bit of Pine Needles and shades of Brown (Core'dinations Distress Cardstock)! 

3C - Spooked Owls

All of the stamps are 3rd Coast and all of the inks are Distress Inks.
It was so much fun I may try a few more!

Maybe if you have a chance this weekend you could take the challenge and see if you can come up with a Halloween card using some of your favorite colors!  I'm thinkin' an all blue Halloween card sounds interesting.  What about you?  What interesting color combo's would you try?

P.S...  Mom had her surgery today and is back at home resting.  I went to see her and she is in a bit of pain but doing well. Luckily they gave her a local instead of putting her under.  She has in the past had a bad reaction to the anesthesia so this dr. was very wise and stayed away from it all together.  The dr. said everything went as planned and to come back in a week.  So, with any luck at all she's on the road to recovery! 

14 comments:

  1. Cute card. Good wishes to your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you Mom is recovery and came through the surgery with flying colors. Wish her well from me Roni.

    Elaine Allen

    P.S. I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! Great color choices. Give your Mom a big inky hug and tell her we are all thinking of her!
    No stamping for me this weekend....we are out of town to go to the Dublin engine meet. Can't wait! Antique engines and tractors and stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colors for a Halloween card!! Can't wait to give it a try too! I'm so gald to hear that your Mom did well and is back home. Tell her I said "Stay put & rest"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. une ravissante carte superbe coloris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to hear your mom is doing well. The card is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy to hear that .hope mom obeys orders and can look forward to a speedy recovery..loves ya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving those owls, fabulous Hallowe'en card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love using non-traditional colors on cards! Will have to dig around through my Halloween stamps for this one...fun challenge!
    Glad your Mom came through her surgery, now comes the hard part...recuperating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smart Dr. and glad to hear Mom is recovering.
    This Halloween card really is refreshing with the non-traditional colors. I actually looked a lot closer to see the Halloween details and it really drew me in. Well done dear...

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy to hear your mom is home and things went well.

    Love the card! I might try pink and white for a non traditional card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hoo-ray that your mom did well with the surgery! I'm working on the ATC swap already!

    I love this Halloween card you did Roni. Even though it's not the orange and black trad colors, it still has a spooky feeling to it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!