Friday, September 2, 2011

"Deal of the Day" Sites

Hi Everyone!

Like most of you I am watching my crafting $'s, trying to get the most bang for each and every penny.  I like to pass on a deal when I find one which is what I wanted to do today. 

I know some of you may be familiar with "Deal of the Day" websites that offer various crafty products at a discount but I wanted to share a few of my favorites.  These are the websites that I have personally ordered from and can say with confidence that they are first and foremost legit.   All of these sites ship within a few days of placing the order (unless it's the weekend) and offer reasonable shipping prices (more on this below) and great customer service.

You can also sign up for alerts for these sites but don't expect too many...I'm not sure if they have faulty delivery systems or if they just forget to send them out.  I don't get too many alerts so I usually just stop by when I think of it.

Here you go...

Flowers to Flourishes - This was the first deal site I learned about and I've bought several "Deals" from them.  One deal offered each day until sold out.  They offer a wide variety of stamping/scrapbooking items ranging from rubber stamps; die-cutting products (Spellbinders, Sizzix, etc.); pattern paper sets; Ranger products; Tim Holtz products; and so much more.     I have mainly bought Spellbinders dies from them as I haven't found a good web-site selling them at reasonable prices.

Shipping: $4.99 per order - no combined shipping.    I think this is a bit expensive so I always weigh this against the actual cost of the deal.  Sometimes the shipping cost negates the savings.

Molly's Square - I have again purchased a few "Deals" from Molly's all flawless transactions.  This site like F2F offers stamping and scrapbooking products at highly discounted rates.  Molly's is a bit different from F2F because they often offer more than one deal at a time. For example there may be two sets of similar products - Nesties Heart Circles or Nesties Heart Squares or multiple sets of a product ~ Stickles for example in 2 or more color sets.  

Shipping: $2.49 priority shipping - combined shipping.  This is a VERY minimal shipping charge for priority mail and you can combine shipping if you order more than one deal or if you happen to order a second days deal before your first days deal has been shipped.  I've never tried the multi-day shipping but you can't beat the $2.49.

FlockShop - This is the newest DotD site I've tried.  They are a bit different than F2F or MS in several ways.  The main difference is they offer a much wider range of craft products for not only scrapbooking, rubber stamping, sewing & quilting, painting & drawing; books - how to's, patterns, etc.   I recently placed an order for Ice Resin which I am delighted to find.  This resin is so expensive but I got it for about half price (shipping included) of what it is at most web-sites.  Can't beat that.

Another aspect of FS that sets them apart is they offer multiple deals a day so you've really got to be on your toes.   Each deal is set up with a specific number of deals which will be available for a set period of time.  For example they may offer 25 books for 3 hours at 50% off.  The deal will stay up for until the books have been sold or for the 3 hours.  Once a deal sells out (or time runs out) a new deal will pop up. 

I did notice that the shipping time did take a bit longer here.  Actually, it was the processing time.  I ordered my deal on the 25th (Thurs) and it was processed on the 29th (Monday).  Which wasn't really bad but with shipping time it took 10 days.   (The other 2 shops normally ship same or next day)

Shipping:  Actual cost + Tax.  I was a bit surprised about the tax part since you normally don't have to pay taxes on internet stuff.  Not sure what's up with that but I suppose it's something to do with government trying to squeeze every last bit of money out of people.  

Hope this helps stretch your crafting $'s as they have mine!
Happy Shopping!

10 comments:

  1. Great Deals! There is also Crafty Steals. They have daily deals and I have had wonderful service with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These three are new to me, thank you for sharing. Also thank you for adding the extra info about your experiences with the companies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! great sites- apparently i am not snooping around on the internet enough :)!! thanks for sharing your knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the links! I love a good deal! Like Anita, I got really fast service from Crafty Steals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. peachycheap.com
    allscrapbooksteals.com

    are two that I'm signed up for.

    Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry about that, it is actually
    scrapbooksteals.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank Roni. Always good to find a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, you've helped out again!! I love to shop online, esp. on the Deals of the Day!! I can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is another one.

    www.scrapace.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. scrappindealsnsteal.com and
    scrapzoom.com are the two (besides craftysteals.com) I've used. I've been pleased with the service from all 3.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!