Saturday, December 5, 2009

25 Days of Hand Made Ornaments ~ #7 - Glitter Filled Ornaments

BONUS!!

Told you I'd get you another one today :)

Now, if you'd have asked me about this ornament a few years ago I'd say you were nuts...Glitter is so not me! But....skip forward a few years and OMG ~ I love Glitter!!!

Sooo, for today's extra ornament I am going to share the glittered filled ornament and I'll be giving away some supplies so you can make your own!

25 Days of Hand Made Ornaments

#7 - Glitter Filled Ornaments

#7 - Glitter Filled Glass Ornament 002

Supplies:

Metal Leaf Adhesive

Glitter

Glass Ornament

Small Spoon

Instructions:

1. Remove the cap from the ornament and add a few small spoon fulls of adhesive into the ornament.

#7 - Glitter Filled Glass Ornament 003

2. Rotate the ornament until the glue covered the entire inside, even the cap area.

#7 - Glitter Filled Glass Ornament 004

Your ornament will look like it's full of milk when you're ready to go to the next step.

#7 - Glitter Filled Glass Ornament 006

O.k.....I need to stop here and explain something. If you read the directions for this particular adhesive it's going to say let it dry completely when it will turn clear. Approx. 60 minutes. Now, here is where directions become suggestions instead of the rule ;) I don't like to wait soooo, quickly move to the next step...

3. Quickly pour the glitter into the ball, I usually use a tablespoon or so.

#7 - Glitter Filled Glass Ornament 008

4. Immediately, roll & shake that glitter...until the entire inside has been coated.

#7 - Glitter Filled Glass Ornament 009

If you have some areas not covered, add more glitter until it's all coated.
#7 - Glitter Filled Glass Ornament 010

Let it dry completely then replace the cap!

(this is an ornament I created earlier)

#7 - Glitter Filled Glass Ornament 013

And you're done!!

Awesome huh?

Now for the goodies, I'll be sending one lucky winner a bottle of the leafing adhesive as well as an assortment of glitters! I'd love to send you some of the glass ornaments but they are so fragile, I've only successfully sent these ornaments through the mail twice...the other 3 times they have been damaged in one way or another. But as I mentioned a couple days ago, they are easy to find and very inexpensive.

You have until Wednesday, Dec. 9th to post your comment!

Good Luck!!

23 comments:

  1. Thank you for the daily ornament tutorials. Today's ornament is so pretty! These will make nice gifts. Like you, I once was anti-glitter when suddenly, for no apparent reason, I became hooked:D Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it loks like it's filled with glitter! I was actually thinking of doing something like this but thinking I'd have to use lots of glitter to fill the whole thing I decided against it... Now you've made me see the light! Yippee, "glitter filled" bauble here I come! :)

    Sab x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so clever and crafty! I've enjoyed each day's bounty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I thought about having glitter on the outside but decided it would be too messy. This is a much better way!! Of course, that is why you are the queen!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your daily ideas for ornaments, and I love glitter. So this idea is definitely for me. I'm curious, why did you choose this particular adhesive? Is it because it is slow drying? Whatever the reason, the ornament is gorgeous and would make a great gift. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea. I love glitter but hate having the entire floor covered in it! I've linked: http://www.holidaycraftprojects.com/?p=43

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea! Thanks again for adding another great ornamant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. interesting - we have done them with reinkers - the glue looks like a cool technique!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Roni, I love the bling! Thanks for all the ornament lessons and for sharing your talent. Glitter is much better on the inside. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty result! I've done alcohol inks and acrylic paints (took forever to dry!), but have never tried the glitter. I just happen to have some clear glass ornaments, too. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How easy is this! I have the glass ornaments, but haven't done anything with them. Now I know what to do. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh a bonus post, a bonus ornament and blog candy! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I came back to glitter with the sticklers. They are so easy to use and I don't end up looking like I should be hung on the tree. I am really enjoying your tutorials. I have the glass ornaments I put pictures of the kids inside and gave them for gifts. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never would have thought of how to glitter the ornament. What a great idea! Also, thanks for your time and effort you put intho the tutorials for the ornaments.
    Val B.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have some clear ornaments and some makeup glitter (very fine) that I got at a local store. Now I know what to do with them. Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This turned out very nice! I too am loving glittery things lately. Maybe it's the stickles...but I just blame it on scrapbooking as a whole!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is so pretty too! where do I get that leafing adhesive? Regular ole Elmers wont work, eh? lol thanks!
    Cher
    hilly77@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super pretty. I have done glitter filled before and loved the look. I broke several by setting the box over the heater vent to speed up the drying...bad idea they all broke LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yayyyyyyy!!! This will give something to do with my granddaughter this weekend!!! She just loves that I love to do crafty things and get my fingers all "inky" too. Thanks for taking the time to show us your tutorials! Such cute ideas.......lovin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are so great and I love that I can do these with my kid! We can give one to every family member as a little special keepsake! I so love this site! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks for the instructions! i cannot wait to try this, especially since recently i went a little glitter crazy and am suddenly in LOVE with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so glad you are doing ornaments! I've really dedicated myself to making ornaments for the family for xmas. I started shortly after Halloween and I have to say, I'm running low on ideas ;) Thanks for the inspiration! And, like everyone else, I'm obsessed with glitter too ;)
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  23. These ideas and ornaments are great. Us big kids like them also.
    I have wanted to use the adhestive like this and just happen to have some glass balls leftover from last year. Thanks again for all you help.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!