Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Where am I??? Long Story Short...sort of

 


Hello Friends....up until recently I have been missing for a while and a few folks have messaged me asking if I was o.k. I posted a bit about what's been happening on FB but I neglected to post here.  I know lots of you don't do FB so better late than never right?  

So last fall we passed around Covid for a bit which started it all off...later in the year I broke a couple ribs which paired with Covid is not a good combo. Coughing and broken ribs do not go well together. This is the reason I didn't do Christmas cards last year.

 At some point my dad was given the diagnosis of lung cancer (after a lifetime of smoking - Don't get me started) but neglected to tell us until it had progressed so far that he was then dx. with lung cancer which had metastasized to his brain.  We found this out in March. He passed away the end of April. 

A week after his funeral I had a stroke which we were told was from undiagnosed diabetes (and I think the stress of everything else going on).  My right arm was effected, my face had a bit of paralysis and my mouth went numb. 

Since then I've been trying to figure out life with diabetes, poking my finger multiple times a day, trying to regain control over my arm/hand (of course it was my dominate hand) and trying to hold it all together...some days I am better at this than others.  Luckily my dh is here to encourage me and remind me how lucky I was/am.

One thing I've been doing is writing to people I have addresses for to help improve my control over my arm/hand.  Would you like to receive a card/letter? I would be happy to write you if you'd care to share your addy.  I'm not fast and it gets a bit "chicken - scratchy" after a bit but I'm getting better and better with each letter I write. If you're game, you can send your addy to me @  roni jj (at) g mail (dot) com (no spaces).  

Anyway, that's life in my world and what's been going on...
I hope you all are doing well and are healthy.

Lots of Inky Love....Roni

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to read about the tough things that have happened! Your work is always an inspiration to me, in fact I have several of your blank cards that I haven’t been able to part with. Feel free to write, I promise to reply (I am also slow). Meanwhile, , I will pray for a smooth and rapid recovery for you!
    Carol Thelen
    3720 Cedar Dr.
    Gwynn Oak, MD 21207
    thelen.carol@gnail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. My best wishes to you for getting this in control and back to being able to craft. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is going to get better for you. You are too nice to be kept down. My prayers are with you. Verna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thank you for sharing, I did not know any of this..... I just carried on admiring your work. Well done in finding a therapy that helps strengthen and fulfils your need to create. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!