Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Cascading Hearts Valentine's Day Mobile

Hello Friends!

Today I have a fun Valentine's Day project for you that could be turned into an every day home decor project....


My cascading hearts mobile! While it is a bit time consuming it is so very easy to make and the results are spectacular!  All you need is fishing line, a round of cardboard, glue dots, a few dies and Rinea Foiled Paper!


It's really very easy to make - simply decide how you'd like your string of hearts laid out on the cardboard foundation so you know how many strings you need, die-cut your chosen design (in this case hearts and mini circles), and die-cut the desired shapes. The number of die-cut pieces will vary depending on the size of the die-cuts, number of strings and how far apart you space them.

You will sandwich the fishing line with the same size heart on each size - the same color or different it's up to you. I used 6 different size hearts and a small 1" circle and rotated sizes and colors along each string. I tied a small drop bead on the end of each string to give them a bit of weight.

Once I had all of my strings made I threaded them through the cardboard and affixed them to the top side of the cardboard. The hanger is made from the same fishing line just doubled. I used flat washers to help balance the mobile (glued in place on top of the cardboard circle) which was then covered with another piece of matching foiled paper as well as a scrap of tinsel garland left over from Christmas.

If you'd like to see the full instructions as well as the supply list you can go here - Sweet Heart Valentine's Day Mobile.

Have a wonderful day my friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!