Thursday, January 2, 2020

Woven Foil Plaid Birthday Card


I needed a masculine birthday card so I decided to try my hand at making my own plaid paper from strips of foiled paper from Rinea. As it turned out it was far easier than I had dreamed.

I cut 3 coordinating colors into strips of 3 widths...jade - 1/8", Gold in 1/4" and Mocha Starstruck 1/2". Initially I glued the mocha strips down on a piece of emerald foiled paper. Next I added the Jade strips over the mocha and finally I glued down the gold strips. It made a very appealing plaid don't you think?


Next I die-cut the pine boughs and cones using dies from Gina Marie (love these dies!!). The sentiment was die cut with dies from Queen & Co.


I combined it all on a black card base and it's all set to go!


Supplies:

Queen & Co - Sentiment Dies (limited edition no longer available)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!