Sunday, January 26, 2020

More Valentine's Love

I've got a couple more love*ly cards for you today. This time I wanted to play with white space (blank areas of the card). I don't know about you but I have a really hard time NOT filling all of the card up with stuff - be it embossing, background techniques, pattern papers, stamping, color, etc. Well, I wanted to practice not filling it up...


First card I made I stamped just a 1 1/2" strip along the side. I used purple tape to mask off the area I wanted to stamp on. I went to town stamping the peg stamps from Follow Your Heart and To My Valentine paired with various colors of VersaFine Clair and Memento inks.  I carefully peeled away the tape - I say carefully because I have smudge the ink off the tape onto the freshly stamped card before mussing it up in the process.


I then stamped the sentiment from Because of You stamp set. Now this was going to be just the sentiment (you know cause of all the blank space thing) but I just couldn't leave it plain. I had to stamp a few flowers, leaves and tiny hearts.  I know, not going with the spirit of the whole CAS/white space thing but I really did try.  It was then die-cut, matted and added to the card.


Now my second card has LOTS of white space and is very CAS for me. I love using this shade of blue for Valentine's Day when paired with red. I started off by stamping the flowers then added some leaves. I stamped the 3 hearts (because I like things in 3's) on a scrap of white cardstock, fussy cut and mounted them on the card with a bit of foam tape.  Finally I added the sentiment from the Because of You set.  Popped it on a card base in a similar shade of blue and I left it alone!  I was sorely tempted to add some sequins and glitter but I refrained (at least for the time being - LOL!!).


So, what do you think?
Up for a bit of white space/CAS stamping?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!