Monday, November 11, 2019

Scorch Markers & Christmas Ornaments

Hello Friends -

Have you seen the ads for the Scorch Markers on Facebook that are supposed to be an easier way to get the wood burned look?  Well I'm here to tell you they work!  I bought a set of 3 markers so Mom, Morgan and I could test them out and play.  Here are the results...


The most important things to keep in mind when using these markers are:

1. Prime the pen...you have to push the nib down on a piece of paper until the tip turns an orangish color...this is the medium soaking into the nib.

2. Use enough medium on your wood. The wood really soaks it up.

3. HEAT - you must use a very hot heat tool. I started off with my embossing gun but it was only 450 degrees. It did it but took forever. We switched to dh's heat gun set at around 650 +/- and it worked fairly quickly (about 1/4 the time it took for the embossing gun). 


Something else to think about is the longer you heat it the darker it gets. We played with heating some areas more, some less. I think they all turned out amazing!


We used stencils for most of them but we also free-handed a few.
Sorry I can't name all of the stencils/mfg...I have an envelope I put them in all together.

If you have a question about a particular stencil, JLMK and I'll see if I can figure out who made it.


We went on to embellish the Scorched sides as well as the backs so no matter where they were on the tree they would be beautiful.





All in all these pens were amazing and really did yield some pretty new ornaments for our trees this year.

2 comments:

  1. Your ornaments turned out Great! How fun to do some Holiday crafting with your Mom and Daughter (in-Law)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!