Saturday, November 30, 2019

Baby Things....

Happy Day Friends 

I hope you all survived Thanksgiving and Black Friday.
We had a nice Thanksgiving with family and didn't even attempt any Black Friday shopping. I can't stand crowds on a good day much less on a day where everyone is crazy with the day after Thanksgiving sales. I do about 98% of Christmas shopping on line - it's quite, calm and best of all - no people pulling things out of my hands :)  LOL!!!

It's not often I get to make things for/related to babies so recently it was a nice challenge. The lady that heads up the Craft Therapy program at our local library adopted a sweet little guy recently, her first class back Mom and I gave her a few gifts.

I wanted to make something that they could hang in his room now and that he could enjoy later on in the future so I made this...


I used Creative Medium to adhere bits from a map of Indiana.


As it turns out she loves Scrabble so spelling his name out in the tiles was perfect.


I added some keys...as he holds the keys to his parents hearts!
These are a die from Gina Marie Designs. Love how intricate they are and since they were cut from Rinea Foiled Papers they really look like they are metal.

I made this card to go along with. I used Rinea Foiled Papers for the background, pin and sentiment. The dies are all from a set by MFT.

It's fun to step out of the norm and create something a bit different.
Have you had the opportunity to create for a little one recently?

Supplies:

Rinea Foiled Papers - Sapphire/Gold Glossy, Sapphire/Sapphire Starstruck; Silver/Gold Glossy; Turquoise/Turquoise Starstruck, Ruby/Gold Glossy
Imagine - Creative Medium, VersaFine Clair - Blue Belle, Sponge Daubers
Gina Marie Designs - Key, Heart
MFT - Baby sentiment, Pin, Diaper dies
MDF Letter
Scrabble Tiles, Twine, Indiana Map
Cardstock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!