Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Library Paint Along Creation

Hello my inky friends!  
I hope you're having a good week so far.  

Today I wanted to share a painting I made last night....


Mom, Morgan and I went to the library's craft night last evening and we did a Bob Ross paint-along.  It was really fun.  This is what I created and it's the first time I've ever worked with oil paints.  We had lots of fun and I really like how it came out.  Near the end I gave up following him and started doing my own thing.  I'm not very good at following directions in art, I just like to run with it and see where it all goes.

I have to say that I love using a big brush (ours was 1.5" - he was using a 2") and I loved using a palette knife!  That's what I used for the rocks and much of the beach area.  Wicked fun!

Now I think I may have to buy some oil paints and keep going ;) LOL!!
Like I don't already have enough irons in the artsy fire huh?

2 comments:

  1. I'd be really happy if I could make a painting like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that’s an amazing result for a first ever oil painting! Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!