Thursday, December 17, 2015

Ho Ho Ho - Merry Christmas!

Just a couple cards for you today....


The first card is made using my favorite color - BLUE!  I love this card - it's so simple but so very pretty and shiny which doesn't really show up in the photo.  The image its self was stamped then embossed with clear embossing powder.  I then applied metallic gold washi tape around the outside edge - I even mitered the corners!  I left the bottom open so I could hand write a little note there - something like with love or from me to you, etc.



For my second card I did something a bit different.  I masked off an area of the watercolor card panel I wanted to stamp; I stamped the image using a pigment ink (so it would be slow drying).  I then colored in the leaves and applied Red Pico Embellisher on the berries - this adds dimension and shine.  I die-cut my sentiment and glued it to the panel.  Next I glued this card onto the red card blank and spritzed it with Shimmer Spritz.  The combination of the Shimmer Spritz & still wet pigment ink reacted and the ink started to spread a tiny bit giving the impression of a watercolor stamped image!   Fun and easy way to get a watercolor look.

Supplies:

Just For Fun Rubber Stamps - All Stamps
IMAGINE Crafts - VersaFine Blue, Clear Embossing Powder, Green Kalidecolor Ink Pad, Red Pico Embellisher, Shimmer Spritz
Spellbinders Die Cut Sentiment
Washi Tape
Club Scrap - Red & Blue Cardstock
Watercolor Paper


Are you all ready for Christmas - only 8 days!!
We actually have our first Christmas on Saturday a.m. 
so only 2 days for me :)

3 comments:

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!