Monday, December 21, 2015

Blue Christmas Pocket Letter & Brown Paper Wrapping

This past weekend we had the first of our Christmases at Mom's.  I found this lovely Blue Christmas pocket letter in my stocking!


As many of you know Mom loves to make ATC's so she decided to give a Pocket Letter a try.  I think she did an amazing job.  She knows blue is my favorite color so she just went with it.


She filled it with some of my favorite things and tucked in a special hand written note.  This was the best thing I rec'd....well that and she also put a couple of rocks I really wanted in my stocking too - LOL!!  Everyone thought I was nuts to be excited about rocks but you'll see why in the near future ;)


Also, I wanted to share how I did some wrapping this past weekend too.  I have TONS of this "packing" paper from recent gift orders and I just hate to throw it away.  I thought about stamping on it or spritzing with color but I pulled out my shiny green ribbon and wow - it looked so good there laying together I just couldn't do any more to it.  Now I know to most people might find this boring but I thought the simplicity of green and natural kraft color was pretty.  What do you think?  Pretty or boring?  

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations to mom for creating this fabulous Blue Pocket Letter for you. I love your package wrappings...simple yet elegant. Merry Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roni I think it is lovely wrapping. Sometimes simple really is beautiful and it's nice to vary things. Love the pocket letter your mom made for you too. That one will always be special to you. Happy Holidays! Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. Reuse the craft paper! I bet shinny red ribbon would look good too. This year I had some 8 in wide white netting left over and used it for tying bows--looks pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Pretty, I like plain papers and pretty ribbons, thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pocket letter. Think I'll have to give that a try since I, too, love making ATCs. I did something similar with gift wrapping this year--a burlap print paper tied up with thick brown twine. Easy peasy and very country looking which works with the house decor and a simple tree. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the kraft and green are gorgeous together. Sometimes, less really is more! Your mom did a great job on the pocket letter too. Rocks in a stocking is better than coal lumps... bwahahaha!! Merry Christmas Roni!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The kraft and green looks great. Lovely pocket letter. Nothing wrong with rocks LOL Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's beautiful! What a nice gift!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!