Thursday, April 2, 2015

Masking Paper & Color Burst

More playing with the Color Burst powders.  This time I wanted to use some of my masking paper.  I get mine on a roll from JudiKins but I'm sure there are others out there. You could also use Frisket Film or low tack vinyl film.

Anyway, I die-cut a couple shapes - an oval and one of my labels just to see what I cold come up with and how well it worked.  As it turned out I had a small roll of the vinyl film so I used one from the masking paper and one from the vinyl film.  The first example is the vinyl film.  I just stuck it down on a piece of watercolor paper...


Spritzed on some water and shook a bit of the Color Burst on and let it do it's thing....


After it had dried I peeled off the vinyl and here's how it turned out!


I also used the die-cut portion of the films - this is the Eclipse masking paper.....  I shook on a bit of powder and misted with water.  You'll have to scroll down a bit to see how it turned out.


And here are the results... 


I used a bit too much water on the label one...it started to soak beneath the vinyl die-cut shape so it created a blurry line but still very usable.  


After that I decided to dig out my bottle of masking fluid and give it a try.  These are just done on regular cardstock - not watercolor paper.  I think that's why it soaked in under the masked areas.  Just too much water.    But I like the results anyway.


So there you go...masking paper, low tack vinyl film and masking fluid.  Great tools to pair with pigment crystals/powder.

9 comments:

  1. WOW those are wonderful thanks for sharing Roni!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Roni! Aren't these products just addictive??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those powders look so fun to play with. I think I may have to find some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to make a background. I've been trying to come up with a way to make one like that but just kept getting a muddy look. Where did you find the color burst?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought mine at Doodlebug scrapbook store - http://www.thedoodlebuginc.com/store/p30/Color_Burst-_From_Ken_Oliver_Crafts.html
      HTH!

      Delete
  5. Oh what beautiful colors and outcomes to your creative play! Those color burst have such gorgeous bright colors. Always inspired by you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with the mask. Great colors!
    Helena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!