Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Gelli Plate Cards & Challenge

Happy July Everyone!

I've been getting requests to see more cards made from Gelli Plates so I decided to make a few up.  I was actually inspired by a sketch challenge over at Just Add Ink - Sketch #220...


It's really a fun design and I thought it would work well with Gelli Prints.  So I set about making a few cards. 

I started off by cutting a semi circle out of one of my prints.  This print just screamed elegant girly girl to me so I edged both the print and the white card panel with Delicata Golden Glitz Ink (metallic gold) from IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko.  I also stamped two of the hello sentiments with it as well. 

Stamp: Paper Smooches - Scripty Sayings

For my next card I used one of my favorite prints...blue, green and gears ~ does it get any better - LOL!!  This print got me to thinkin' of clocks.  I rummaged around in my embellishments and came up with the paper clock face which I stamped on a couple hands and the sentiment in the corner.  


I was in the card makin' mood by that time so I decided to turn the sketch on it's side and make this card.  On one of my prints I used a greek key type stencil but with the red, orange and yellow it looked very asian to me so I went with it.  


Finally I realized I was having so much fun with the circle thing I decided to piece together several sections from a few of my circle Gelli Plate prints to make a whole new design.  Of course this doesn't follow the sketch at all but it was loads of fun to make.  I was surprised how easily the pieces meshed even though they were different colors and designs.  I figured once I got them side by side they would look awful but I didn't even realize until now - looking at the cards it's almost a rainbow effect.  My first print is red and orange, the next is orange & yellow and the third print is mostly green and purple but it has a touch of yellow and blue as well. 

Stamps: unmarked alpha stamps from my stash

So there you go...
 I'll have more cards, tags and projects made using Gelli Prints in the near future but I hope this satisfies your Gelli Plate craving for now. 

8 comments:

  1. Hello Roni,
    These look wonderful and you have certainly given me some ideas on how to use some of my prints for quickie cards.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cards. Especially the last one using pieces from the different prints.

    I will tell you it is all your fault that I didn't get my craft room cleaned up more like I had planned as I just had to make a card for the challenge. I could have cut a semi-circle out using my cutting machine but I decided to just cut part of the circle out of the print. You inspire and motivate me to craft more and just have fun. :-)

    Thank you for sharing your creations with us. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...great cards Roni! Love the design and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you really WERE inspired by our sketch this week! I don't know what Gelli prints are, but your cards are gorgeous, Roni. Thanks for playing along with us, and sharing your lovely creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - these are all fabulous cards. I love them all. All great themes and colours and I can see the sketch has provided great inspiration. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roni I just love how the character of each card is so different but they all used the same sketch. Glad you enjoyed it so much! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness you have been busy creating and you've managed to make the sketch look so different with every card.
    I'm glad you were inspired so much by our sketch.

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow lots of goodness to look at here Roni, so glad you were inspired. Your cards are all really lovely and each quite different. Thanks for playing with Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!