Thursday, August 8, 2013

Stencils & Monochromatic Inking

Today I thought I'd share a fun technique for stencils....rather than inking with lots of different colors I decided to go monochromatic!

Here's what you need:

4 shades of one color of ink (I'm using Green)
4 pieces of cardstock in different shades of your chosen color
A Stencil with a specific image (I'm using one from Andy Skinner)
Ink Blending Tool or sponge
6x6 Card Blank (of your chosen color)

The first thing you need to do is cut a large square and a small square from each of the 4 shades of cardstock.  I'm making a 6x6" card so I cut mine - 2.5" (lg) and 2.25" (sm)


Next, ink the desired image onto each small square 4x using a different color for each color of cardstock.  I also used the same color of ink to edge both the large and small square of the same color.


Here are all 4 of my sets of squares inked up and ready to go...


(optional)
I thought it would be nice to add a bit of texture to the background card panel so I used a Prima stencil and the darkest shade of ink that I used above.

So, it's time to mix up your squares.  To make it easy I lined all of my squares up and just slid the small squares over one space.  Mount the small squares to the new color of large squares and you're all set!


Affix the stenciled squares to the card panel and add any embellishments desired.
I added a couple paper clay flowers that I colored with Green Sparklie Wink of Stella glitter pen. 


So there you go...
another fun, inky way to use your stencils!

GOT INK?

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, Roni, this is gorgeous. A great idea, thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat idea. I particularly like the way you shifted the stencil to frame the face differently for each block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how lovely and another way to use those stencils I am collecting.
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Cool! Yes, I've been away all summer, but now school has started and I'm back. I absolutely love the woman's face you used on this card! I have 3 or more stamps with this image in various sizes. I guess I'll have to get a stencil, too. Thanks, Roni!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!