Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Soar GlueFoil Tag

Well, how's your week going so far?!?!? I hope very well... Still stinkin hot here and I didn't get to start on the room today but the cable guy did show up on time and we can now move the computer to it's new home!! Things are happening, just not as fast as I want them to ~ I'm just a bit excited - can you tell - LOL!!

I'm so glad everyone is enjoying the card sketches! Someone asked about the dress stamp on the Sew Happy card ~ it's by "Dimensions - Clear on Clear" stamps. They are a set of acrlic stamps I found at JoAnn's...there were like 20 stamps in one package. HTH :)

I didn't get to work on the postcard projects today so I wanted to share a tag I made using Aluminum GlueFoil and Archival Inks.

Soar

Archival Ink 03-09010

The GlueFoil is great, since it already has adhesive on the back it can be glued right to your project or to other materials.

Supplies:

Glue Foil

Fun Foam (sheets)

Tag Template

Cuttlebug Embossing Folder

Archival Ink

Maya Road Sheer Bird

Double Stick Foam Tape

Fibers

Stamps (alpha - Wordsworth & swirls - Fancy Pants)

Instructions:

1. Iron the GlueFoil to the fun foam.

2. Trace the tag template on the GlueFoil and trim.

3. Place the tag in the Cuttlebug Embossing Folder and press (either with a machine or rolling pin). The great thing about ironing the GF to the fun foam is the foam with hold it's shape after being embossed so no worries about smooshing the embossed area back down which would happen if you just embossed the metal.

4. Rub the green archival ink over the embossed area of the tag.

5. Stamp swirls on the back of the bird and "soar" on the front of the bird.

6. Attach the bird to the tag and add fibers!

Simple as that...

you can now add the tag to a card, scrapbook page, gift bag, etc.

It makes a flashy addition to any project you might have waiting in the wings :)

Happy Inking Friends!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Roni!

    How wonderful are your ideas! I am learning a lot of techniques thanks to you, so first of all I would like to thank you for your effort and for being so generous to publish all your knowledge for us to benefit from it.

    I would like to propose you a little swap: as i am a bit broke and i would like to experiment with things from the other side of the ocean, would you be interested in exchanging a bag of goodies with me? Mine would be Spanish-themed, with original ephemera, lace, images and so on. I would post it insured so we know for sure it arrives in the US.

    If it is OK with you, you can contact me in "Comunidad Styledevivre" in Facebook or just answer this post and I will email you with further details.

    Cheers and congrats for your wonderful projects!

    Bea (Madrid, Spain)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!