Thursday, October 9, 2008

Autumn Embossed LO Instructions

I've had a few requests asking for supplies and directions on how I created the Autumn Embossed LO I shared with you. Rather than type it up several times I thought I would just post it here :)

AUTUMN

Autumn - EP challenge

Someone asked in particular what type of cardstock I used to stamp on for the background. In this case I used Club Scrap Cardstock. I really like their cardstock when I emboss. Much of their cardstock is smooth unlike Bazzill or DCWV which has the linen texture making stamping at times difficult ~ especially if you've got a detailed image. I also find that it's thick enough to take the heat without warping which happens frequently with other types of cardstock.

Supplies:

Cardstock - Club Scrap (don't have a clue which kit...sorry)

Copper Embossing Powder - Ranger

Black UTEE - Ranger

Peeled Paint & Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powders - Ranger

Lettuce & Espresso Adirondack Embossing Powders - Ranger

Adirondack Alcohol Inks - Ranger

Ink Applicator - Ranger

Walnut Stain Distress Ink - Ranger

Ink Blending Tool & Foam - Ranger

Embossing Ink - Ranger

Heat It Craft Tool - Ranger

Flourish Stamps - Autumn Leaves

Leaf - Hero Arts

Script - unknown (gift from friend in Finland so I have no clue)

Large Chipboard "A" - WeRMemory Keepers

Small Chipboard Letters - Heidi Swapp

Giant Slide - DMD/Westrim

Specialty Paper - ????

Instructions:

1. Apply Walnut Stain Distress ink to all edges using the Ink Blending Tool & Foam. Remember to swirl!

2. Stamp flourishes with embossing ink. Sprinkle with Espresso Adirondack Embossing Powder and heat to melt. (*NOTE - I start with the flourishes first because the heat from the additional embossed images will further melt the Espresso bringing out the white flecks)

3. Stamp leaves where desired and sprinkle with a variety of embossing powders. Heat to melt.

4. Apply embossing ink to letters and melt several layers of black UTEE with heat tool. When the UTEE is still molten sprinkle Copper Embossing Powder over UTEE. It should melt instantly but if not you can give it a quick shot with the Heat Tool.

5. Apply desired colors of Alcohol Inks to the slide mount.

6. Stamp script over the entire slide mount, cover with Espresso Adirondack Embossing Powder and heat until the white specks show up.

7. Assemble all the bits and pieces as shown.

There you have it...

Autumn in full bloom!

Hope this answers any questions you might have had but if not, please let me know...I'm more than happy to help whenever I can!

Happy Day!

1 comment:

  1. I was searching for edging techniques, and I found your blog. This card is absolutely gorgeous!! I have always thought the slide mount things were ... um ... just not my thing. But the way you did yours ... wow, I love it! I'll have to bookmark your blog!

    Sarah K

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!