Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Fragments Family Bracelet

I want to share a project I made using Tim Holtz's new Fragments. If you've never heard of them before, Fragments are acrylic pieces in various sizes that can be used for a variety of crafts. They are tough little pieces that can be inked, painted, stamped on, etc. They come in a box of 48 ranging in squares from about 5/8" to one up to 3 1/2". Also included in the same package are various smaller sizes of rectangles.



The project I want to share today is my "Family" bracelet.



Supplies:



Fragments - 5 - 5/8"squares

Glossy Accents - Ranger

Bracelet Blank - Sky Blue Pink

Vintage photos sized approx to 1/2"

Metal Letter Squares - Hobby Lobby

E-6000



Instructions:



1. Adhere "Family" letter tiles to alternating blanks using E-6000 and set aside to cure.

2. Print out desired photos. You will need to size your photos to approx 5/8" or a bit larger. You will notice that some of my photos appear larger than the tiles. This is so I could decide how I wanted to crop the photo after I had the tile down.

3. Cover the back side of each Fragment with Glossy Accents. Position the Fragment over the image Glossy Accent side down. With your finger press & swirl the Fragment down over the image making sure that all air bubbles are out and there is good contact between the photo and tile. (check out this video by Tim Holtz demonstrating this technique). Let dry.

4. Once the tiles are dry, cut them out.


5. Decide in what order you would like your tiles to be on the finished bracelet. Cover the back of each tile with E-6000 adhesive and attach to the blanks in desired order. Let cure. Note: Cure time varies depending on humidity and temperature. Even though it appears to be dry, I like to let jewelery cure for 2 - 3 days before it is worn.



Enjoy!

This project can be tailored to virtually any theme desired.
Instead of "family" use another word or even someones name.

Makes a great personalized gift for everyone on your gift list!
A great idea for any occassion.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Roni I love these!! They'd be great for Mother's Day gifts! Thanks for sharing - and for the supply list that even included where to find the supplies - very helpful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kewl project! Thanks for sharing where to find the bracelet blank - I love SkyBluePink. They have some neat stuff there.

    I was just at my LSS and Archiver's today looking for those fragments. No luck with them but I did find some of the grungeboard sheets with the diamond pattern. Oh, and I also found some of the crackle glaze so I can't wait to try that out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool!! I've been wanting to get some of those fragments but just haven't yet. Now I guess I *need* to!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bracelet....but I have ajewelry making phobia so I'll just have to admire yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!