Thursday, April 9, 2015

2015 Mixed Media Technique Calendar - August

Yes, it's been a while but I didn't forget...just lots of things going on.  Here is the page we're going to make today...a mix of sprays, ink and other goodies!


1. Start off by tearing up a bit of text paper - this is a page from an old book but you can use whatever you have on hand.


2. Glue the pieces down any way you'd like.


 3. Dry brush a bit of gesso onto the arch.


4. Add a few spritzes of a couple dye sprays...  I'm using Pear Tart and Bahama Blue Fireworks! spray.


5. Find a couple different caps to use as stamps.   I stamped the large one several times using Danube Blue Memento Luxe Ink...


And I stamped the smaller lid with Morocco Luxe.


6. Add some stamping here and there.  I used several Viva Las Vegas mixed media stamps and the butterflies.  All stamped with various colors of StazOn Midi's


7. Now add some texture by flinging on a media of your choice - I'm using irRESISTible Texture Spray.  I took the cap off and used the little plastic hose to flick it all over the arch.  I used Radiant Neon Electric Blue, Pear Tart and Wedding White.


Here's a close up of the splatters - awesome huh?  It keeps that texture once dry!


8. Add the calendar and add black ink around the edge of the arch to finish it off!

Supplies:

IMAGINE Crafts featuring Tsukineko: Memento Luxe Ink - Danube Blue, Morocco; irRESISTible Texture Spray - Pear Tart, Wedding White, Electric Blue; StazOn Midi - Jet Black, Cloudy Sky, Blue Hawaii

Other: Vintage Text; Viva Las Vegas - All Stamps; Lids (to stamp with); Deco Art - Gesso


5 comments:

  1. Stunning work! Hoping to catch up soon, just been too rough to do them recently - but I do love this one especially, because it is so random x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple...Yet so So COOL!! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this calendar. What I learned is how you can create circles in the fashion you showed. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!