Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy December 2011

Can you believe it's December already?!?! 

DECEMBER

Flower of the month: narcissus or holly.
 Zodiac Signs:  Sagittarius / Capricorn
 Birthstone:  Blue Topaz or Turquoise

MONTH LONG OBSERVANCES

Birthday Month of Bingo
Human Rights Month (human rights day)
National Egg Nog Month
National Fruit Cake Month
National Stress-Free Family Holiday Month
National Tie Month
Read A New Book Month
Root Vegetable Month
Safe Toys and Gifts Month
Universal Human Rights Month
Watermelon Month
World AIDS Month

WEEK LONG OBSERVANCES

Week One
Cookie Cutter Week
Deaf Heritage Week
National Hand Washing Awareness Week
Week Two
Human Rights Week
Lager Beer Week
You're Doing  Good Job! Week
Week Three
International Language Week
Lipstick Week

Week Four
Kwanzaa

DAILY OBSERVANCES

December 1
 Eat A Red Apple Day
National Pie Day!!
World AIDS Day
December 2
Coats for Kids Day
National Fritter Day
National Mutt Day
Science Fiction Day
December 3
Ear Muff Day
Make a Gift Day
December 4
 Cookie Day
International Hug Day
National Dice Day
Santa's List Day
Wear Brown Shoes Day
December 5
Bathtub Party Day
Blue Jeans Day
Discovery Day (Haiti)
International Ninja Day
Walt Disney's Birthday
 December 6
Miners Day
Pawnbrokers Day
Put on your own shoes day
Saint Nicholas Day
December 7
Cotton Candy Day
Letter-Writing Day
Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
Teacher Appreciation Day
December 8
Brownie Day
December 9
Apple Pie Day
Christmas Card Day
Day of the Horse
National Pastry Day

December 10
Hanukkah Begins
Human Rights Day
National Lager Day

December 11
International Mountain Day
National Noodle Ring Day
December 12
Ding A Ling Day
Gingerbread House Day
Poinsettia Day
December 13
Cocoa Day
December 14
Monkey Day
December 15
Bill of Rights Day
Cat Herders Day
National Lemon Cupcake Day

December 16
Boston Tea Party Occured
National Chocolate Covered Anything Day
Stupid Toy Day
Underdog Day

December 17
National Maple Syrup Day
Saturnalia
Wright Brothers Day
December 18
Bake Cookies Day
Flake Appreciation Day
December 19
Oatmeal Muffin Day
December 20
Go Caroling Day
Mudd Day
National Fried Shrip Day
National Sangria Day
Sacagawea Day
December 21
Crossword Puzzle Day
Don't Be A Scrooge Day
Flashlight Day
Forefathers' Day
Humbug Day
National Hamburger Day
Winter Solstice
World Peace Day
Yule (date depends)
December 22
 National Date Nut Bread Day
National Re-Gifting Day

December 23
Festivus Appreciation Day
December 24
Christmas Eve
Last-Minute Shopper's Day
December 25
Christmas
Kwanzaa Begins
December 26
Boxing Day
National Candy Cane Day
National Whiner's Day

December 27
Holocaust Remembrance Day
National Fruit Cake Day

December 28
Call-a-Friend Day
Card Playing Day
National Chocolate Day
Pledge of Allegiance Day
December 29
No Interruptions Day
Tick Tock Day
YMCA Founded
December 30
Bacon Day!!!
Relaxation Day
December 31
Leap Second Time Adjustment Day
Make Up Your Mind Day
National Champagne Day
New Year's Eve
World Peace Meditation Day

Looks like some days in December are pretty sparce!
I think we need to make up a few of our own days to help fill out the calendar.
So, if you'd like to win a stocking filled with an assortment of crafty goodness post a holiday you'd like to celebrate in December...

I will choose one winner at random to win a surprise package!

You have until 12-15-11 to post your comment to be entered to win!

Good Luck Everyone
and
Happy December!!!!

43 comments:

  1. we need a decorate our tree day. Please remind me when it's cover anything in chocolate day - I need to make some Christmas gifts and goodies that day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always celebrate Last minute shoppers day! ROTFL! I would like December first to be Celebrate the end of your shopping list day! Sigh, a girl can wish, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There should be a craft, decorate your house day lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'd like to celebrate national "Give me a break with all of these holidays" day! Wowzers!

    As a sign language interpreter I can honestly say that I had no idea that there was a National Deaf Heritage week!! So cool!

    How about National "sit back and take a load off day" day ... that one sounds good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome list! I like that there is an official Festivus Appreciation Day on the 23rd...Festivus for the Rest of Us! Love some Seinfeld!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like a "please don't interrupt my crafting by wanting to be fed
    day !) seems like someone or something is always wanting food!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote for a "stay in your pajamas all day" holiday! Or maybe a "mulled cider" day! Thanks for the great list, Roni!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Roni -

    After Christmas there should be a Holiday called "Play with your Presents Day". There should also be a holiday called "The Elve's come in and put away the Christmas decorations day" - LOL!! I never have a problem putting up the tree, its taking it down that we keep putting off!
    And lastly, December 30th should be declared a Holiday. It is my wedding anniversary. This year we will be married 39 years! Time flies when you are having fun.

    Elaine Allen

    P.S. I think we should have a Roni Johnson Day too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How about a "Secret Day" unknown to anyone else...sometime around Dec. 1 or 2.

    ReplyDelete
  10. how about a *official take a nap day* ... we're gonna need it!
    Jean in Dallas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dec 12th looks goooood.... gingerbread and poinsettias!! But I'll have to sneak a cup of cocoa a day early since cocoa day isnt til the 13th. lol Thanks for the fun monthly listings you do and the giveaways.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think we need a MeDontno Day! A day you don't have to know what you need to do, a take it easy , stay in your pjs day! My granddaughter answers with this
    " Me Don't No " she says it real fast! SO what do you want to do?
    Me Don't no

    ReplyDelete
  13. Roni, darnit, I'm getting addicted to these monthly posts. Glad you got your electricity back on and Cecil is funnnnnnny. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oops, forgot to add my suggestion! I think there shoulda coulda be a National Holiday Lights Family Night, where everyone gets out as a family and goes around to look at neighborhood Christmas lights!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think Dec. 13th should be the official "The 12 Days of Christmas Tags by Tim Holtz" Party Day. Thanks for the detailed info on your take on the two toned pinecone-the illustrations were GREAT. Your back yard looks like ours up here in Alaska-it is beautiful to look at, but not so nice to shovel and drive in!!! Our three Shi Tzu dogs and our one Yorkie have to wait until we clear paths for them to run when we get a lot of snow.
    Happy December and the best of the Holiday Season to you and yours.

    Jackie in Alaska

    ReplyDelete
  16. There was some very good suggestions for naming a day. I wonder how one would go about creating one. I think I like the idea about celebrating Tim Holtz' 12 Tags of Christmas Day. I talked to my Mom last night and told her she needed to get over to his blog site! She's going to enjoy each and every day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What I'd like to have is an "International Play and Giggle like a 3 year old Day." The world is far to serious lately. We need to lighten up a little.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Let's have a "Finished with the Decorations and Shopping" day! I love your lists! I can hardly believe my eyes at all the snow you had. Glad your electricity is back!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like a crafty day. One day only for you with al your wonderful stamps, inks en al the other crafty things. Drinking tea or koffie, with your favorite music. No phon..no work. Relax...and create.. thats magic.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't see the 12 tags of Christmas on the 1st...isn't that a celebration???? Sheesh...it should be a national holiday!
    So I say we should have a Timmy Day, for the season just wouldn't be the season without the man himself!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How about a "Dogs that love snow, but are not Sled Dogs" Day? I have 2 rescues that love the snow like yours do!The one that is smaller literally "swims" through the snow until it is worn down enough to jump, hop or run through.It cracks me up every time LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think we should have a make homemade gifts with your kids day or give your shopping parents a break day. My teens add to their Christmas list daily, it seems. lol Thank you for sharing the monthly lists of little known celebrations. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Although all of the chocolate themed days are tempting, I'll have to vote for the Peace Meditation Day...the world can really use it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. december 3rd is my mum's birthday so I really like give a gift day!!! maybe December should be full or RAK days - it would be great to be giving and receiving at Christmas time!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dec. 26-Pay it forward day
    Pajama day

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think there should be a stress free day on December 20th so we can slow down and enjoy more of what the season has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I believe I will celebrate National Chocolate-covered Anything Day on December 16, since that is my birthday. I'm thinking of trying chocolate-covered brussels sprouts at Golden Corral...

    ReplyDelete
  28. This may be a bit strange but I would want a celebrate life and death day.-only for me of course- My daughter died the same day my son was born--three years later. So I would celebrate his life and her life as an angel.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'd love a "Crafty Crap Day" hehe

    ReplyDelete
  30. I vote for "Lets visit Roni day" I would love to craft with you. Day? it would be a weekend at least. Or lets have a swap day anything you thought you had to have but never used gets swapped.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I would say 1rst of december being the official cardmaking day; this way no excuses for not having time to make christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  32. How fun! I think we need an official stay in your comfy pj's and craft day!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I would like to see - Draw a Picture of a Stranger Day

    ReplyDelete
  34. We need a day to celebrate the end of it all - the tree down and put away, the main room back to its old self, no more holiday dishes out, just a whew we lived through it all!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I agree that it would be fun to create our own "day"! Mine would be "Leave me alone so I can scrap without you needing something Day"!!! Maybe next year! But I do like Dec. 30th...BACON DAY! I love BACON!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I would like to celebrate "calorie-free holiday food day" LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I would love a "Stay In Bed and Don't Worry About Anything" Day. This would especially come in handy right before I start to freak that my gift buying hasn't even started! The next day would have to be "Get the boxes out of the Attic Day".
    I was going to suggest a "Get Inky" day, but then EVERY day is a get inky day around here!

    ReplyDelete
  38. How about Dec. 1 being "Wait until December to play Christmas music - NOT before Thanksgiving"!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love Christmas! I would like 31 days of Christmas, which I would also like to be off work the entire month of December.

    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  40. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  41. i noticed that one important event is missing from your list "Our Lady of Guadelupe" on December 12.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I think we should add an
    "Eat Fudge and Christmas Cookies All Day Long Day".
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  43. I think we need a "return/reuse/recycle" day between Christmas and New Years. A day to take your tree to the recycling center, return or donate gifts you know you won't use, and time to find a way to reuse all of that gift wrap and packaging.

    Still in love with your awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!