Thursday, June 25, 2009

Lovely E-Mail Today....

I hope everyone is surviving this heat o.k...It's been a real stinker here today ~ in the 90's before adding in the humidity factor. Too hot to think about! I can't imagine how miserable it is for the areas of the country where the temps are even higher...I just hope they don't have the humidity to go along with it.

I had planned on having a few more of those fun cards to share with you but I didn't feel real well this a.m. then I had company this evening (my grandma came over) so no craft time today. I did get started cleaning Ben's room (my future room) again. When we initially cleaned & sorted he just threw everything in boxes with no rhyme or reason. So I went through and sorted things out, packed all the books together, wrapped all the glass items and his FFA plaques, etc. It took almost 3 hours but it's finished! I just need someone to be home long enough to carry the boxes to the shed for me. I'm a good packer so they are heavy ;) LOL!!

I do have something that I wanted to share with you today...it's an e-mail I got from an Ink Stains reader. I'm not posting her name but her story touched me so ~ it brought tears to my eyes (good ones of course) as I read it. I thought I'd share it with you all....I hope you will enjoy her little tale as much as I did!

Here is the postcard she is referring to btw...

IMG_4559

Hi Roni,

I'm 60 years old and have long wanted the answer to a memory of mine. When I was about 6 years old my Dad and I went on a mini vacation together. Mom stayed home with my 3 younger siblings.

We lived in Las Cruses NM at the time and my Dad and I traveled north up to Albuquerque and beyond. One thing that made a big impression on me was a visit to a river gorge. I remember we got in "cages" and rode down the side of the cliff to the river below. If you looked up you could see a bridge that crossed the gorge.

Well, as the years passed, I could still remember the trip and those cages down the cliff but I never did ask my Dad where we had been. A few years ago my husband and I visited the four corners area and I asked a few people where this river & bridge might be. Nobody seemed to have the correct answer.

When I was checking your blog a few weeks ago THERE THEY WERE... THE CAGES! They were in one of your old post cards and they are at Royal Gorge in Colorado. I was trilled to see this. Now I know where I was with my Dad.I went to the web site for Royal Gorge and the cages are still operating, taking people to the bottom of the gorge.

I love your blog and tutorials. You do a wonderful job of demonstrating techniques and comparing products. Congratulations on your forthcoming book. And thanks so much for posting that post card!

It still gives me goosebumps as I read through it again...amazing how something as simple as a postcard can touch a person's life.

Hope each and every one of you has a wonderful day!!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Roni...I am not surprised tho...cuz I really think you touch all our lives when you chat about your son (lol) your family, your passions and yourself. It was a very sweet email..just like you! Cher

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH! How incredible that everything came together perfectly for this wonderful memory! I got goosebumps too! See my friend, when you let Him use you as you have, blessings like this happen!((((HUGS)))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful story. All thanks to a beautiful postcard. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so lovely!! It really does remind us that our small actions have consequences.
    Thanks as always for your wonderful blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!