Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mica - Pt II - ATC's

I am so excited to share these ATC's with you ~ with such little effort the mica kicks them up several notches! Makes an ordinary card amazing! These like the charms are made using composite mica.

Supplies:

Composite Mica - Hannah Grey

Collage Images - Hannah Grey

Glue Film - Streuter Technologies

Distress Ink - Ranger

Archival Ink - Ranger

Background Stamps - Tim Holtz - Stampers Anonymous

Computer Generated Words

Chipboard ATC Base

Embossing Gun or Iron

Instructions:

1. Cut images from collage sheet.

2. Cut a 2 1/2 x 3 1/2" piece of Glue Film.

3. Stamp backgrounds using Archival Ink - Distress using various colors of Distress Inks.

4. Make your adhesive sandwich - ATC Base, Glue Film, collage elements & words topping it off with the mica. Heat with embossing gun or iron.

THAT's IT!!!!

And here are the results....

Paris

Mica018

Here is another view of the Paris card showing the mica.

Mica021

Fly

Mica020

Genuine Boy

For this card I added the mica in the corners. I also stamped Heidi Swapp wings onto some of the scrap mica using Archival Ink. Attached in the same fashion as the rest of the items.

Mica019

Best Friend

Instead of a chipboard base, this card has a rusty mesh base. It was assembled in the same fashion as the other cards ~ mesh, Glue Film, collage elements, Mica then heated. The dress form (Hannah Grey) was attached by adding a small scrap of the Glue Film onto the mica, quick shot of heat with my heat gun then immediately pressing it into the molten adhesive.

Mica017

Told you Mica was loads of fun!!!

Makes you want to pull some out and play huh?

Tomorrow I'm going to take a break from the mica and share another fun project I recently made for Hannah Grey.

Don't forget Friday is Ink Stained Sketch Day!!! If you've forgotten what the sketch looks like it was posted with last weeks 4 for 1 - 7/11/08.


WISHING YOU ALL A VERY INKY DAY!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oooooh - gorgeous! I am excited to try it.

    But first I need to do the Sketch, the stippling and the Perfect Pearls techniques. Ha - maybe I will combine them all somehow, like in an altered book page or an art journal page.

    Fun - I love all of your techniques and tutorials. Honestly, truly and sincerely. ((( thanks ))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ATCs are just lovely! You really help me think out of the box. Thanks for sharing your talents with us.

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite ATC is Genuine Boy...I really love the stamped mica wings! Thank goodness you have all these techniques archived because I could never keep up otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love micas... thanks for sharing with us your talent..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!