Friday, July 11, 2008

4 for 1 - QDD - Checkered Past

Hey everyone!

Today is 4 for 1 day!! If you haven't seen the past 4 for 1's basically I take one stamp and show 4 different ways to incorporate it into your projects. Today's 4 for 1 stamp is Checkered Past by Queen's Dresser Drawers! This is such a cool image...4 tough guys who may or may not have something to hide...they're not talkin but if they did tell their secrets they might have to kill you - LOL!!

I decided to do something a bit different today ~ no greeting type cards! Today I have alternatives just to mix it up a bit!

Check it out....


Inchies....Remember, you don't have to use the whole image! Each one of the guys has their own unique personality...put that to use!

4 for 1 qdd checkered past002

Book Mark....

4 for 1 - QDD Checkered Past001

Altered Domino...Colored with American Crafts Ultimate Glitter Pens

4 for 1 qdd checkered past001

and my ATC...You don't necessarily have to go with the saying on the stamp...I went in a totally different direction with this one.

4 for 1 - QDD Checkered Past004

So there you have it...pretty fun huh?

Now it's your turn to go play :)

Try to come up with 4 different ways to use one of your stamps!!

Don't forget...here is the sneak peek of next weeks Ink Stained Sketch!

The box that the arrow is pointing to could be a photo, stamped image, collage image, whatever you want. Try stamping 4 different background squares or maybe the same image in 4 different inks. It's totally up to you ~ this could be a great sb lay-out sketch, cards, ATC's, canvas, the possibilities are endless!! The sky's the limit!

Remember if you do make a goodie or two using this sketch be sure to send me an image of your creation or link to it in the comments next week when I post my creations :)

ink stained sketch - quad

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!
Inky Hugs!!!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE that stamp and I am so glad you do, too!

    This is a perfect example of how you can make great inchies from a larger stamp. I love the ones you made here! I like to ink up my large stamp and then lay it face up on my craft mat. I pick out some interesting spots and then lay my 1" square down and rub the back for good contact. OR, another way to do it is to stamp the image and then go back and punch it out with a 1" square punch (I love my Marvy Clever Lever!).

    These are so YOU, Roni. I love what you made for these examples. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops - I forgot to say that I will definitely be doing the sketch, too. So get this - another twilight zone thing... just last night I found an online shop in the uk that featured a card project on how to use those 4-way square stamps sets. I have a couple of those so I got excited and wanted to try it. Well, your sketch this week is PERFECT for that. Almost an exact match, even. So - yeah, very cool. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha!!! I was so hoping you'd see this :) I do love the stamp very much!!! Thanks sweetie :)

    Thank you ~ I had fun making it all!

    I'm glad you will be giving the sketch a go and that is wild!!! That twilight zone music keeps kicking in - LOL!! I like this sketch because the stamping possibilities are so open. I have some of those quad sets too ~ my fav. is a 4 seasons set. :)

    Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a cool stamp image and some wonderful examples of how to use it in different ways!
    I think the inchies are perfect for the image....and a great way to get multiple uses out of the same materials!
    Looks like I need to try some inchies soon. I found a background stamp the other day that has over a dozen squares on it with different images. That would translate perfectly to inchies.
    Also need to check out Queens Dresser Drawers now that I've seen two of their awesome images on the blog! Go Roni!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!