Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Ink Blending Tool # 3 - Multi Color Gradient Backgrounds


I want to thank everyone for their good wishes & prayers for my puppy...Fidget had his 1 week check up after his surgery today and things are going well! The stitches are still in place and things looked fine. So far so good! We go back next week to have to stitches out and see if the lesions on his eyes have healed.

Today's Ink Blending Technique - #3 Multi-Color Gradient Blending....This technique is done in the same manner as Tech. # 2 (Part I & Part II)- Monochromatic Gradient Blending but with multiple colors of ink.

Supplies:


Ink Blending Tool & Foam - Ranger
Distress Inks - Ranger
Non-Stick Craft Sheet - Ranger
Cardstock (ATC's)

Instructions:

The basic difference between this technique and #2 is that you will be using 1 piece of Ink Blending Foam for each color. Once you have applied your first color, simply remove the foam and replace with the next piece.

NOTE: Don't discard the foams, they may be reused numerous times. I like to keep one piece of Ink Blending Foam per color family...reds (& pinks); Oranges; Yellows, etc. I keep one for Black and one for Browns as well. I have been using the same foams for over a year now and they are all still going strong!! They may also be washed if desired....I never have done it but they are durable enough to go through the wash :)

Since this technique is very similar to IBT #2 I will mainly be sharing examples of finished projects. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask...

UR
Supplies - Distress Inks - Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade; Aged Mahogany, Stickles, Archival Ink - Jet Black - Ranger; Fairy - Delta

Mona's Secret

Supplies - Distress Ink - Peeled Paint, Dusty Concord, Broken China, Archival Jet Black Ink - Ranger; Stamps - Lost Coast Designs.


Inspriation
Supplies - Distress Ink - Scattered Straw, Broken China, Peeled Paint, Archival Ink - Jet Black - Ranger; Image - Stampington; Charms & Fabric - Unknown



Believe
Supplies - Distress Ink - Shabby Shutters, Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans, Archival Ink - Jet Black - Ranger; Image - Stampers Anonymous; Words - Fiskars; Brads- Bazzill


Hope you enjoy these examples and give it a try :)

10 comments:

  1. Ooooh - gorgeous examples, Roni!

    I have been rinsing out my Blending Foam after each session, so it's good to know I can just use them for color families instead and leave them alone. Less work for me, which is great b/c I am lazy! lol

    BTW, they rinse out beautifully with just warm water if anyone wants to do it that way. I have very little staining on the pieces that I have been using for 6+ months.

    ~ phinny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the looks you are getting, this is all ver, very helpful...

    Glad to read that the puppy is doing well...

    reflections:0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some more great examples. :) Love this look, too.

    Glad your pup is doing so well. :)

    (((((HUGS)))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fab, will have to get a tool to go with my foam, never seem to be able to blend very well.

    TraceyW
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are just gorgeous
    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such gorgeous backgrounds you have made with the ink tool. I adore all your samples they are so inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i love all of these - i will give it a go xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank God Puppy is doing better. Thank you also for sharing to us about the foam that it can still be used after using it once.

    Nice technique will also gonna try it soon.

    Elzabeth
    http://elizabethtangochuico.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tutorials you have here. Now I know what else I can create with my distress inks aside from just inking the edges. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi so glad that your puppy is well now. Thanks for the great tutorials I will see your other blog entries to learn more about this, thanks for sharing your knowledge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!