Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ink Blending Tool - # 1 - Edging Examples

Here are some finished examples of the Edging Techniques.

Spring

Shadow FX were used on the scallop edge on the background paper.
Ink & Drag FX were used on the pink piece of cardstock. You can see how varying amounts of ink will yield longer and shorter drag marks.



Happy Easter Egg
The edge of the Easter egg was shaded using the HD Shadow FX.
Notice how this technique gives the illusion that the center of the egg is highlighted when in reality the edges were just given additional color. This technique is perfect when you want to showcase a stamped image, saying, etc.


Happy Easter Bunny
The card base was inked using the Aged Inks FX. Heavily distressed and very vintage. This technique lends it's self quite well to the German Scrap Easter Bunny ATC (removable).
The ATC's edges were colored using the Ink & Drag FX.
Though most of it was covered by the Dresden Trim it still visible in person.





So there you have some examples of finished cards to get you on your Edging FX way!
Have fun and go get inky :)

11 comments:

  1. Hi Roni. just popped over from Craft Swap Forum to take a wee look at your work. love the Bunnies they are fab, and the colours awsome. hope to chat/swap soon. by the way i am from Scotland my craft swap forum name is renniemac.
    renniemac xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I awarded you the "You Make My Day" award.

    Check out my blog at www.everythingaltered.com for more info and to capture your award! :)

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rennie! I'm so glad you popped in to say hi :) I will be sure to look for you over at the Craft Swap Forum :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just love your bunnies!! This is probably the first Easter that I won't have time to make cards...so especially enjoy looking at yours! and I have got to get that ink blending tool!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey even I can do this I think---will have to give this a whirl LOL if i ever do i will try to show them too you-- Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how I missed this post...I check your blog everyday!! :) But anyway, I'm here now. ;) LOL!! I love all of your techniques and I need to pull out my blending tool and just do some of these!!
    Love ya, Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful cards!! Hope you had a lovely Easter x
    I'm wandering back to Craftswap now too before I'm reported as missing!! ^.^
    It's been lovely ... thanks for having me :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty example. I just loved those bunny. Where can I buy those bunny? The colors are perfect for spring/easter layout. Thank you so much for the edging technique so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The rabbit stamps are from The Angel Company but they are retired. You may be able to find them on E-bay though...I know alot of people have had luck finding retired sets there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Roni,

    Thanks for the update. Really appreciated it hope I can find a bunny stuff soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!