Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Flights of Fancy Mobil

 Hello all...

This month's main challenge over at Gecko Galz is Flights of Fancy. The monthly newsletter was sprinkled with some beautiful hot air balloon images which inspired me to create this fun mobile using an old wood hanger as the base. 


I covered the wooden hanger with some lovely Faux Fur "yarn" from Lion Brand...if you haven't seen this stuff it's AMAZING. I love it!!


I printed each balloon twice - keeping one as the original image then flipping the second for a mirror image. These two pieces were then glued back to back (remembering to insert the ribbon of course) and trimmed.  The ribbon is silk ribbon from May Arts.


Each of the balloons were then tied to the hanger with pretty little bows.

I love how this turned out and I can't wait till summer so I can hang it in my open window so they will catch the breeze and gently float along.

Gecko Galz Monthly Challenge
February 24 - Flights of Fancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!