Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Steampunk Dragonfly Pin

 I've finally gotten a chance to play in my craft room and this months challenges at Gecko Galz have been my goal today.

Each month Gecko Galz gives you a free collage image to play with in various categories. I decided to turn this months Steampunk image into wearable art! I made this fun dragonfly pin...


I started out by printing the image 3x so I could cut out the different parts and pieces and one for the base.  I then glued these pieces to grunge board (Thank God I'm a craft hoarder...I still have a nice stash of the stuff). and cut each piece out. I sanded the edges because some were a bit rough here and there.

If you've not used grunge board it is a nice flexible material that is also soft and light weight. Perfect for making jewelry bits.


Next I used glitter pens (yes, you know how I love glitter) to pump up the color volume and give it a bit of sparkle.  I then added a nice pile of glitter on the dragonfly.  Each piece was then glued down to the base in it's proper place.


Finally I affixed a pin to the back. I haven't decided if I'm going to blacken the back yet or not. 

Hope you have enjoyed this little project.

Gecko Galz Steampunk Challenge 0224

2 comments:

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!