Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Mermaid Wreath Easel Card

 Today I wanted to share my latest Fairy Hugs creation...

I had so much fun making this card. Initially I wanted to make a wreath on the front of my card using the various elements but then I thought it would be fun to turn it into a 3D card and figured out how to pop the wreath onto an easel card!


 I had to do a bit of element rearranging so I could prop the wreath up but I think it turned out pretty good.


To create this card I started out by covering a piece of chipboard with blue cardstock and then cut out the wreath. I then stamped all of the elements onto pieces of cardstock and fussy cut.   These elements were arranged then re-arranged until I got the look I was going for.  Some of the elements were glued directly to the wreath and others were added with one or two layers of foam tape to pop them off of the wreath to create depth and dimension.  Glitter was added to the areas where the wreath cardstock showed through.

Next I stamped the inside of the card that would be exposed once the easel was propped up. I used resin gems and pearls to prop up the ease.  This card was mounted on black and white mats and finally attached to the blue card panel.

I had such fun creating this little ocean tale in the round.
I hope you have enjoyed it as well!

Fairy Hugs Supplies:

  


  


 


 


 






Be sure to stop by our Fairy Hugs Facebook Group 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!