Friday, April 3, 2020

Donkey of Another Color

Hello all...I hope you're doing well, staying safe and finding some time to create.  

Recently I decided it was time to stop fretting - because I'm a Worry Wart - thank you Mom - that's easy for me to do. I say try because it's going to be a constant battle - with every new report it gets a little harder.  So here's what I'm doing. First thing I started to keep a journal of sorts. When things get too overwhelming I just pull it out and start writing. I write statistics, I cuss about things I've seen/read that make me mad, I write down my fears, etc. These are things I don't want to share with a live person because a) don't want them worrying about what I'm worrying about b) i know some of what I write down is silly, ridiculous, etc. c) i don't want to be someone's negative nelly...already too much of that in the world anyway.  This is not something I ever expect anyone else to read...actually when this is all over I may just throw it away. So, if you're fretting about anything just pull out a notebook and write it down. It might help you a bit just as it has me.

I also decided that it was time to start inking up some stamps that I have in my stash that I haven't used yet. Today I wanted to share one of these first time inking's....

I got this darling stamp set made by Pink Ink Designs (a UK company) that is called Cool Mule. Looks like a donkey to me so that's what I'm going with since I love donkeys.


I've used a different medium to color each image...anyone care to guess what they are?

***

***

***

Guess 

now 

and

see

how 

many

you

guess

correctly....

***

***

***

Answers 

below....

***

***

***

Upper Left Grey Donkey - Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolors

Upper Right Blue Donkey - Lindy's Gang Magical Shakers

Lower Left Pink/Purple Donkey - Imagine VeraFine Clair Inks
(Simon Says Stamp stencil as well)

Lower Right Brown Donkey - Pan Pastels

I don't know what I'm going to do with them but they were fun to color. I wish I had a way to mat them - it would be fun to put them in a frame together for some fun wall art.





6 comments:

  1. Love em. Especially the blue one. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can send me one and I will send you something of mine. we haven't swapped for a while, maybe it's time! thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very talented. I would not know which one to like the best as each has its own merits. Thanks for sharing
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so cheery and cute too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable donkeys. What a great image and you colored them so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool stamp! Love the different backgrounds! I was on the right track for guessing the powdered pigment one! Love those colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!