Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Welcome to my Galaxy Glitter Zoo!


I am so excited to share the first installment of my Galaxy Glitter Zoo! If you've visited before you may already know that I'm a glitter girl.  I love shine, sparkle and the zing it brings to any project.

Well, I have wanted to make a glittery zoo for a very long time now. Actually I have been saving up choice Little People animals for just such an occasion but up until now I just never found the right medium to make it happen.  Well DecoArt has taken care of that problem when they recently introduced Galaxy Glitter!

This beautiful product is chock full of glitter unlike most glitter paints that have some sparkle but not nearly enough to really make your project shine. I have tried other glitter glues in the past but couldn't add enough layers to really get full coverage.  No need to worry about that now.


I started off with these adorable little animals that I have collected for a long time....
To achieve the best coverage I started off by painting the various parts with like colored paints.  If you're unsure what color of paint to use for each color of Galaxy Glitter DecoArt has a handy chart that will help you get started.


I wanted my unicorns white with different color manes so I painted them up and applied 3 coats of Galaxy Glitter to each. I let each coat dry before moving on to the next...trust me, this was the hardest part. I could have stopped at 2 coats but I really wanted to pack some glitter punch.


Here's how they turned out...

My Clear Ice Comet Unicorn with a Milky Way Blue Mane. I just love him!!


A Purple Eclipse and Clear Ice Comet Panda Bear


Silver Moon Elephant


My little Ice Comet Unicorn with a Supernova Berry mane.


The darling little Pink Cosmos pig.


The Ultraviolet Seal


A Black Hole Toucan that has Gold Shooting Star belly, Aurora Borealis Green/Red Nebula beak and Milky Way Blue toes.


The two tone Extraterrestrial/Aurora Borealis Green Alligator


And finally my Solar Flare Orange Cheetah with Deep Space Blue polka dots!

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my glitter zoo... This has been so much fun making these animals, I can't wait to start working on the second group of animals that I have invited to live at my Galaxy Glitter Zoo!

Supplies:

DecoArt - Galaxy Glitter - Clear Ice Comet, Pink Cosmos, Red Nebula, Supernova Berry, Solar Flare Orange, Gold Shooting Star, Extraterrestrial Green, Aurora Borealis Green, Milky Way Blue, Deep Space Blue, Ultraviolet, Purple Eclipse, Silver Moon, Black Hole; Americana Acrylic Paint - Snow White, Bubblegum Pink, True Red, Bright Orange,  Lemon Yellow, Festive Green, Kelly Green, Calypso Blue, Royal Purple, Lamp Black

Other - Little People Animals


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!