Friday, April 8, 2016

Color Burst Stain Glass Effect

So this month's Club Scrap Technique Challenge is the Stained Glass technique!  I love this technique because the results are always a beautiful surprise.


This is one of the cards I created.  This piece represents the most traditional idea of Stained Glass the best - a pane of glass with mosaic of beautiful pieces of glass.  I used a variety of colors - I can't really tell you which ones though - I usually dump my bottles on the table and just grab n sprinkle.   

Here's what you do...


Stamp desired image(s) with VersaMark ink...


Sprinkle on Black EP then heat to melt to the powder.


These are the first 2 I made...


Sprinkle on the powders wet with water and let the powders do their magic.


I do know I used Violet and Orchid on the flower - 
Indigo and Turquoise on the background.


My final card really doesn't fit the idea of stained glass but I was having so much fun stamping, embossing and sprinkling on the powders I just kept going.  It was fun to make even though it doesn't fit the challenge.  I guess we can think of this as a bonus card - LOL!!

So there you go...have you tried the stained glass technique?  If not, you really should - you'll get caught up in the inks and powders - you just never know where it will lead you.

Supplies:

ClubScrap.com - Cardstock, Rubber Stamps, Die Cut Tag
Color Burst Powders
Imagine Crafts - VersaMark Ink, Black & White Embossing Powders, Memento Dye Ink





4 comments:

  1. Roni, these examples are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,such fabulous cards, Roni.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great samples Roni! The striped background with the cut out dahlia is eye catching. Nice work, thanks for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!