Monday, November 9, 2015

Nuance Wintery Scene

Happy Monday!  Whew, can you believe we're starting the 2nd week in November already!  I don't know where the year has gone but it's flying by.

Today by popular request I am sharing a card using the Nuance powders.  Several people e-mailed over the weekend wanting to see more so your wish is my command!  Since it's been so very cold here and there were actually a few flakes floating around the sky I thought a winter scene might be appropriate.


This is a one layer card that I made using watercolor paper and the Nuance powders.
The stamp set is Technique Tuesday's Tree-Mendous.


To start off with I trimmed a piece of watercolor paper to A2 card size.  I left on the fringe side of the paper because I thought it would be a lovely touch.


Using blue painters tape I taped off an area to work with.  I just guessed at the sizing but if you'd like you can do the measuring.


I chose Ceruleon Blue, Turquoise and Royal Blue Nuance powers to work with on this card.  It's hard to see but I did sprinkle the powders over the area marked off.


Next I spritzed on a bit of water just to get them moving but then refined the colors by using a wet brush and water.  I did sprinkle on a bit more powder here and there when I had missed initially.  Once I was satisfied with the colors I dried it using my heat tool.


Once the paper had completely dried, I removed the tape and folded then scored the card.  It's now ready for stamping.


All of the images were stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  In addition to the stamping I added a few details with the White Gelly Roll pen and a touch of sparkle with the Clear Wink of Stella Brush.  Of course the sparkle from the Wink of Stella doesn't show up in the photos...it is lovely in person.

So there you have it.  What do you think of the colors?  Really pretty huh?  I'll be sharing more using the Nuance powders in the coming days and weeks.  

Have an inky fine day everyone!

2 comments:

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!