Thursday, November 19, 2015

Framed Dies - One Cut, Two Cards or more!

I am so excited...this week my frame dies from MFT arrived!  I have been wanting these for quite some time but they are expensive.  I've not felt I could purchase them until I rec'd an e-mail that MFT was having a bundle sale!  Well, I jumped right on it and now I have a couple of fun cards I made using just a single cut!

Here are the 2 cards I made....

\

This Thanksgiving card was made using the larger frames that are meant to be used from the dies.  The sentiment (ClubScrap.com) and outside edge of the card were embossed with Gold ep by IMAGINE Crafts.  


This card was created with the "waste" between the frames I cut....meant to be discarded but why when you can create such a fun card with them!   The background was stamped with VersaMark ink then dusted with Rich Gold PanPastel.  The sentiment was stamped with Elderberry Memento Ink.


And here's how I did it.  I carefully taped the dies down one by one to my cardstock - starting with the largest die I then positioned the middle sided die so it was almost exactly in the center of the first.  I then positioned and taped the smallest die.  Once cut you're left with so many fun die-cuts to use on a variety of cards.  I didn't think about it at the time but you could even trim your original piece of cardstock so it could be used over a card as well.  So many possibilities with little to no waste!  Gotta love it.

Supplies:

MFT - Frame Dies
ClubScrap.com - Papers, Stamps, Fiber
Sizzix - Leaf Die
PanPastels
IMAGINE Crafts featuring Tsukineko - VersaMark ink; Gold Embossing Powder; Memento Ink - Elderberry 

3 comments:

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!