Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Vintage Ice Skates into Art

Today I have a really fun bit of art to share with you.  Sometime this past summer I bought an old pair of vintage ice skates at a garage sale.  I knew they had potential and for $2.00 I couldn't pass them up!  Yes, they started out a bit grungy... but hey, it's nothin' a little paint, ink and embellishments won't fix!


I used a combination of Craft Attitude Printable Film, Altered Pages Collage Images, IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko Creative Medium, Luxe & Brilliance Inks and Deco Art Americana Acrylic Paint, Deco Art Media Crackle Paste & Antiquing Cream.  Throw in a feather boa and some holiday floral pieces and you get this.....




and here is a handy dandy little SnapGuide tutorial on how it was done...

2 comments:

  1. these are so pretty! I would love to make something like this for Christmas, but I live in Florida and ice skates are scarce here. thanks for sharing your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! I'm going to look at your snap guide now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!