Thursday, December 20, 2012

25 Ideas for the Holidays - #21 Bottle Cap Frame

This is a really fun project that can be adapted for anyone on your gift list. 
I actually made this one for myself which is why I used lots of blues & greens.

HD - 6

Supplies:

Frame
Cardstock & Pattern Papers
Bottle Caps
Glossy Accents
Rock Candy
Distress Inks
Letters (optional)

Instructions:

1. Cover the frame with desired pattern paper. 

2. (optional) For a vintage worn feel, sand the edges of the paper & add distress inks if desired.

3. Stamp desired images on a variety of papers...pattern & cardstock.

4.  Cut or punch circles to fit into bottle caps.

5. Glue the circles into the bottle caps and fill with desired medium.  I know there are tons out there on the market so I say use what you have!

6. Once the bottle caps are dry, arrange them around your frame and any letters if desired.  After you find just the right combination, glue them down with your favorite liquid glue.

HO HO HO
5 Days Till Christmas!!!

4 comments:

  1. OMG!! That is awesome!! I need to find some time to look back at the other projects this month! I'm way behind! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roni,

    Wow! Very cool!!! I have a few friends saving their bottle caps for me. Now I can add this to the list of what I want to try.

    I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas!!!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cool frame! Merry Christmas to you and family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! Another one of your fun ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!