Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Challenge Cards - Bi-Fold Triangles

I am going to start a series of cards using a Challenge Card Sketch from Stampington & Co. You will find an example and template on their site under We Challenge You. This sketch was originally from the fall of 06 and cards were published in the Spring 07 issue of their publication - Take Ten. Of the 3 cards I submitted two were published in that issue.

The first card I want to share was one of the two that was published in that issue....

"Congrats!"

Supplies:

Gold UTEE - Ranger
Big & Bossy Embossing Ink - Ranger
Perfect Pearls - Heirloom Gold & Forever Red - Ranger
Perfect Medium - Ranger
Archival Ink - Jet Black - Ranger
Posh Accent Pen - Gold - Ranger
Heat It Craft Tool - Ranger
Oriental Image - Hero Arts
Sentiment & Symbol - TAC
Specialty Gold & Red Cardstock - California Paper Goods
Cardstock - Bazzill
Chipboard circle, ribbon - unknown


Instructions:
1. Cut black cardstock base according to template. Cut 2 triangles from specialty gold cardstock & 2 from red cardstock. Cut one large red piece of cardstock for center.

2. Stamp symbol onto all three pieces of red cardstock using Perfect Medium. Dust with Heirloom Gold & Forever Red Perfect Pearls.

3. Remove excess Perfect Pearls with large brush included in kit. Mist with water to set. Set aside.

4. Press chipboard circle into Big & Bossy Embossing Ink. Sprinkle Gold UTEE over embossing ink and heat with Craft Tool. Continue to layer additional UTEE granules and heating until a fairly thick coat has been applied to the entire piece of chipboard. (Usually 3-4 coats.)

5. After the last coat of UTEE immediately ink stamp with black embossing ink and press into molten UTEE. Let cool. (NOTE - This will not harm your stamp!)

6. Once cooled, carefully remove the rubber stamp from the cooled UTEE. If it is an unmounted rubber stamp you will probably have to peel it out as it make come off of the acrylic block.

7. Edge all red cardstock pieces using Gold Accent Pen.

8. Mount red cardstock onto gold panels then attach to the card base.

9. Using double stick tape apply the ribbon to the top triangle near the point.

10. Attach the UTEE Chipboard piece over the ribbon using Glue Dots or other strong adhesive.

11. Stamp sentiment in lower right hand corner.

There you have it!

By using this template you have a quick and easy card that can be made in minutes!

I will be sharing additional examples of this card template over the coming days and hope you will give it a try yourself. If you do, please be sure to post a link the in comments section so we can all admire your work. Or if you'd rather, send a photo of your card to me and I will post it on the blog for you!

Happy Stamping Friends!!

5 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous card!! And a wonderful technique...yet again!! Thanks so much for sharing all these great techniques. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting fold. I'll have to give it a try. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roni you do such awesome work. I just love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowser, that is some card! My brain is fried tonight, am I am having trouble getting my mind around that fold...so I'll have to check back after I've gotten some sleep because this is one card I really want to try!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, congrats, congrats! The card is wonderful, your work is gorgeous and this site rocks! I've been through every post and page just soaking up all of the fantastic projects. I found your Blog off the Ranger group and I am hooked. Once I get my dang digital camera working, I will maybe post some art myself. Thanks, Roni, for an awesome Blog!

    - Phinny(art)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!