Everything you see with the exception of a couple tiny Prima flowers was die-cut and assembled by me! I used the Pink, White and Yellow papers from the kit paired with Sizzix and Spellbinders flower dies. All of the flowers were enhanced with PanPastels and the background "board" is actually a piece of book board (heavy duty chipboard) that I cut, carved and painted to look like wood.
It addition to the paper & pastels I used beads, pips or micro beads for the flower centers.
A few close ups of the various flowers... the tiny white (upper right) and tiny maroon (lower left) are Prima flowers - the rest are hand made.
The maroon flower is Prima, the rest are mine.
There are 2 of the maroon flowers here that are primas but the rest is me.
I used a combination of a couple flower dies to create the dahlia flower in the center. I had planned on making a few more but just this one flower was VERY time consuming. Each and every flower petal was cut, colored and glued down individually. There are over 88 flower petals on this one flower alone! It took a few hours to assemble this one flower - after that, I decided that a single focal point dahlia was good enough - LOL!!
Tomorrow I'll be back to share how I created the welcome sign using some lovely Deco Art products and share a few pics of how the flowers were assembled. Hope you are inspired to celebrate Spring by making a few paper flowers of your own!
Your next creative stop on the hop is
Remember if you get lost along the way the entire list can be found on the
Have a wonderful day Friends!!!