Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Color Burst Layered Dahlia Birthday Card

Today I have a fun card to share with you...


My Color Burst Dahlia birthday card!  I had so much fun making this card and can see lots of potential for this technique.  So I got the idea when I saw this very large dahlia stamp (3.5 x 4") which was included in the Art Nouveau Stamp Sheet for the Dahlia Kit.  


Over in the UK they have a craft called 3D Decoupage Papertole where they take several copies of a single image and build the image into a dimensional layered design.  I figured I could do the same thing with this dahlia image.  My twist though is to use Color Burst to color the stamped images to give the finished flower even more depth.

And here's how I made it....


I started off by stamping the image 6x with Tuxedo Black Memento Dye Ink.


I then sprinkled Fuchsia and and Orchid Color Burst onto the paper & spritzed with water.  Once it was dry I cut apart each flower.


I started by trimming out one complete flower and set it aside.  This would be the base flower to build upon.  Image 2 - I cut the center most cluster of petals, I then placed this cluster over the 3rd image, traced around the petals I wanted to include on the next layer of petals with a white gel pen and trimmed.  I continued until I had each layer cut out.


I assembled the flower with double stick foam tape for a really dimensional flower.  Of course you could choose to glue the layers together for a mail friendly card.  This is where the variation in color created by the Color Burst really comes into play.  The natural random pattern of the Color Burst give added depth to the flower.


I die-cut some leaves, added highlights & shadows using Pastel Pencils and blended with my finger.  I then used a stylus to give each flower a bit more definition.  

To finish off the card I stamped the sentiment, adhered the flower/leaves and mounted it on a maroon card base.

I would like to enter this card into a couple challenges....

Take It, Make It Challenge

and 


Supplies:

ClubScrap.com - Cardstock, Pattern Paper, Stamps
Imagine Crafts - Memento Dye Ink - Tuxedo Black
Color Burst - Fuchsia, Orchid
Stabilo CarbOthello Pastel Pencils
Spellbinders - Leaf Dies
Double Stick Foam Take

4 comments:

  1. Great idea. Love those Color Bursts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful. So much dimension. I'm totally CAS-ing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roni that's beautiful and I am so jealous! That stamp is amazing and I wish I could purchase it over here, just awesome art huni Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card .... great colour and fabulous dimension. Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!