Today I wanted to share with you another popular post - Quick & Easy Envelopes! I originally posted these two envelopes back in 2009 and are still being viewed quite frequently today. These little gems don't take any special tools, tricks or techniques. They are basic and easy folds allowing you to create two different styles that will fit all cards you might make. Hope you enjoy taking another look at Quick & Easy Envelopes!
Small-Medium Sized Card
1. Center the card on your piece of cardstock and draw lines on each side of the card adding about 1/8" - 1/4" on each side. This extra space makes for easy insertion ~ o.k. no better way to put that.
2. Use the bone folder and crease lines where you placed your marks. You can see in this photo I placed an "X" on the outside corners where the lines criss-crossed.
3. Cut off the 4 corners where "X" marks the spot!
4. Fold both of the outside smaller flaps towards the center.
5. Fold the bottom flap up towards the center. Apply a small bit of adhesive to adhere this flap to the 2 side flaps.
6. Miter the top edges of the small flaps as shown...
7. Fold the flap over and it's ready to use!
8. (Optional) If desired you can spiff it up a bit and use an edge punch or deco scissors to pretty up the flap!
Large Card Envelope Directions:
I use 12x12 sheets of cardstock for these envelopes. You can make envelopes for some VERY large cards using this technique.
1. Center your card on the cardstock which has been turned so one corner is pointing towards you as shown...
2. Fold the bottom corner up towards the center.
3. Turn the card/cardstock and fold the next corner towards the center.
4. Fold the last side towards the center as shown...
5. Open all 3 sides up...
6. Re-fold both of the side panels in towards the center.
7. Fold the bottom flap towards the center and secure with a dab of adhesive.
8. Fold the top flap down and you're good to go!
And there you go...
still as easy as they were when I originally posted it back in 2009!
P.S....I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for the well wishes here, on FB and in e-mail. I am taking my meds as directed and my eyes are much better. My ears don't hurt as much but are still stuffed so I'm still a bit off ;) LOL!! (no comments from the Peanut Gallery now). Hopefully the meds will kick in and I'll be back to normal (whatever that may be) soon!