Friday, January 30, 2015

Be My Valentine Peeled Paint Tag

Earlier this week I shared February's Mixed Media Technique Calendar Page that featured the peeled paint technique using acrylic paints and petroleum jelly.  When I was finished painting my gothic arch I had quite a bit of each color of paint left over so I used up the rest making this tag...


Not one to let anything go to waste I thought it would work perfectly for a Valentine's Day tag so that's just what I did....


I stamped the background using a script stamp and Spiced Chai Staz-On ink and glued on a strip of printed ribbon.  I found the heart laying in a pile on my desk from a previous creation which I stamped my sentiment on and then added Delicata Gold and Bronze inks around the top and bottom edges...I wish it showed up better in the photo - the shimmer is brilliant.  

Finally I stamped the rose on a piece of extra smooth white cardstock from Club Scrap and colored the image using my Chameleon Markers.  It was then fussy cut and mounted on the tag.  I added a few dots of Gold Pico Embellisher to finish it off.  

I need to find some ribbon for the hole then I will call it finished ready to be tied onto a Valentine's gift bag!  The only question is who I'll give it to?!?!?

Supplies: Tag; DecoArt - Americana Paints; Petroleum Jelly; Printed Ribbon; X-Cut Die Cuts; Just For Fun Rubber Stamps - Sentiment, Rose, Text; Chameleon Markers; IMAGINE Crafts - StazOn Ink - Jet Black, Spiced Chai; Delicata Gold & Bronze Inks; Pico Embellisher.

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful tag! You know how to create these tags sooo pretty like! Smile TFS your talent, and INSPIRATION!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worked out perfect! Love that background on the tag!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!