So let's celebrate!!!
I know it holds a different place of honor in Mexico but here in the states it seems like it's just a great reason to celebrate the wonderful gifts of Mexico....fajitas, margaritas, great music and festive fun! Lots of people have super parties so I thought it would be fun to make a tag to celebrate the day. You could easily convert this into a party invitation, table decoration or even tweek it a bit to turn it into a scrapbook lay-out!
Altered Pages Cinco De Mayo Collage Sheet
Jumbo Shipping Tag
White Paint (optional)
Glass Glitter (or regular glitter)
Clear Dry Liquid Glue
Brown Ink & Ink Blending Tool
White Crepe Paper (gathered & stitched)
Dresden Trim (a.k.a.German Scrap)
1. Print and trim collage images. Ink all of the edges with brown ink.
2. (optional) You don't have to but since the tag is cream colored I painted the upper portion of the tag with white acrylic paint. If you don't the white glass glitter looks a bit dull. Paint the tag white makes the white glitter really pop.
3. Starting with the white section spread a bit of the clear dry glue down the center of the tag. Sprinkle with the white glass glitter, shake off excess and let it dry.
4. Continue adding more glue & the red glitter then finally finish it off with the green glitter.
Be sure to let each layer of glitter dry before the next to prevent cross contamination of colors.
And here is how the tag looks at this point...
5. Ink up the bottom of the tag with brown ink and ink the collage images around the edges at the same time.
6. Layer on the various images and glue into place. For a bit more accent I lifted the main image off the tag with double stick foam tape and added a touch of brown glass glitter to the edge of her sombrero.
7. Cut three pieces of the gathered/stitched crepe paper and ink with desired colors. I used Pine Needles and Barn Red Distress Stain.
8. Affix the layer of the tinted crepe paper to the bottom of the tag and cover with a bit of Dresden Trim at the seam.
9. Add some ribbon and you're all set for a good time!