Monday, December 26, 2011

A Belated Solstice Wish....

Well now that the holiday rush is pretty much over here I thought I would send a few belated Solstice Greetings to you all....

3C July - Solstice Winter Snack

Isn't that little chipmunk darling?
I just love how he's stuffing his cheeks ~ they look like they are ready to pop!

Anyway, thankfully this is NOT what it looks like here at the moment...  It's a sunny and breezy 38 degrees.  Not the warmest but at least it's not snowing at the moment.  It is supposed to start sometime tonight though so this may be what's in store for us here in Indiana :)

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas this year. 
We had a wonderful time...we got to spend some really nice quality time with our guys which is getting tough to do the older they become.  Our extended family gatherings were spread out enough we didn't feel rushed or overwhelmed which was nice for a change.

Now, a bit about what's to come here at Ink Stains....

A bit of news for my UK friends...If you're able to locate a January issue of Papercraft Inspirations be sure to check out the UTEE master class.  I was so pleased to be asked to create some cards for the advanced class.  I haven't seen it yet because it takes forever to arrive here in the States but I hear it's a nice article. 

We'll resume working on the Art Journal we started a few months ago.  There are 7 pages already posted so if you're a bit behind or just planning on starting an Art Journal for 2012 be sure to take some time and go check em out.

For the last few years in January we've created a calendar using a variety of fun techniques and this year is no different.  I'm planning on starting the new calendar probably on the 3rd after the guys go back to school/work.  I seem to get more done when they aren't home ;)  LOL!!

I'm also thinkin' real hard about another swap....charm, postcard or ATC?!?!  Can't decide ~ maybe I'll post a poll to see which you'd prefer.

Beyond all of this of course there will be lots of fun stamping projects, techniques and so much more to come....
 I hope you'll plan on stopping by and joining in on the fun!!

9 comments:

  1. looking forward to making my third calendar following your ideas Taking a break getting my craft area a little in control and trying to decide what to get into next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you had a nice Christmas! I'm looking forward to the New Year of crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a lovely Holiday break and am eager to start some new projects. Happy new Year !
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card! I have a few chipmunks that visit my yard and it's so funny to see how expandable those cheeks are!!

    I have never participated in a swap so am interested in hearing more!!!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roni you have so many talents and techniques I am definitely going to follow along on the creative train. Happy week of reflection...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to a new year of crafts! My daughter Hollie and I would love to be a part of an ATC swap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would love to participate in a swap of any kind and the calendar sounds like lots of fun, can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you have great fun planned for us all!! :o) Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to 2012! Thanks Roni! Hope you had a nice Christmas! Best wishes for a New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!