Friday, December 23, 2011

25 Gifts & Ornaments #25 - Personalized Canvas Collage

I thought I was going to have one more ornament to finish off the 25 Gifts and Ornaments this year but as it turned out I made a canvas for my niece instead...  I decided at the last minute to make her one for Christmas.

This is a nifty idea that can be personalized for anyone using virtually any theme you can think of.  I made this canvas with a vintage ladies golf theme which I paired with her golf team photos from the last 4 years. I think it turned out pretty cool...I hope she likes it!

25 Gifts & Ornaments
#25 - Personalized Canvas Collage

I printed off a bunch of vintage women in golf ~ most in sepia tones but a few of the smaller photos I left in color.  I printed her photos on textured cardstock that I sanded around the edges to remove some of the color.   To make the photos waterproof I applied a thin layer of micro glaze to each image.

I inked the background with Distress Stains then glued the images to the canvas using Glue n Seal.  After I had everything on the canvas I applied one final coat in a cross-hatch fashion to give a bit of texture to the finished canvas.

After it was dry I glued on the more dimensional items and finished it off with a ribbon around the edge of the canvas.  It was really quite fun and the most time consuming part of the whole process was searching out nice vintage images to fit my theme. 
006

007

So, if you're still searching for that last minute gift for a hard to buy person on your list...think about giving this a go.  It's really quite fun and hopefully will be cherished for years to come!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roni -

    Your niece is going to love this piece! It is just gorgeous, as is your niece. What a wonderful idea.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful!! I agree with Elaine, she is really going to love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really wonderful gift Roni!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's going to love it!
    Merry Christmas:))))
    ♥hugs♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!