25 Gifts & Ornaments
#22 - Pen Nib Star Ornament
Pattern Paper (2 different coordinating patterns)
Solid Cardstock or Specialty Paper
Ink & Ink Blending Tool
Super Glue/Hot Glue
Double Stick Foam Tape
Stickles Glitter Glue
Silk Roses or other Embellishments
1. You'll need to print out the star template onto cardstock... you'll need 1 large and one small star. To do so I just copy and paste the star on a WordPad doc... adjust the size then copy and paste a second star and again adjust the size. You can make these as large or as small as you like just as long as your pen nibs fit the points.
The stars I'm using for my example are 8" & 4".
2. Adhere your base star pattern paper to a piece of chipboard (I'm using recycled packaging).
3. Trace your template onto the back of the pattern paper.
3. Cut your star out....
4. Ink the edges of your star...
5. Glue one pen nib in each of the star points and set aside to dry.
6. Trace the large template onto the back side of your solid or specialty cardstock. Add 1/4" to each edge and trim... this will become the mat for your star ornament which will cover the chipboard.
7. Trace the smaller star onto the back of your second piece of pattern paper. Trim and ink the edges.
8. Trace the small star on the solid/specialty paper and add 1/8" to all edges.
9. Apply Stickles Glitter Glue to the edge of the large and small pattern paper stars. Let it dry completely.
10. Once the glitter has dried, mat each of the stars with the solid colored paper.
11. Glue the small star with silk roses or other desired embellishments. Mount the small star to the center of the large star using double stick foam tape.
12. Finally add a piece of ribbon to the back for hanging.
I can easily see this turned into a Steampunk star by changing up the color scheme and using gears or other "steampunk-ish" goodies to embellish the small star.