Saturday, July 3, 2010

Blasted Stickles Technique

O.k...I was messing around last week experimenting trying to come up with a fun background for one of my Just For Fun Pin-Up girls... Top - center...the painter pin-up. I thought she screamed to be made into a 4th of July card so I set to it and came up with Blasted Stickles!

Blasted Stickles Glitter Glue

I figured if Tim Holtz could squirt alcohol inks with canned air I'd give it a try with Stickles Glitter Glue ~ and it worked!!

I started off with just 3 things...Stickles, Canned Air and plain white cardstock.

Blasted Stickles GG Technique 001

I applied just a small dot of SGG to my cardstock...

Blasted Stickles GG Technique 002

Gave it a shot of air and ta-daaa! You've got a nifty blasted splotch of SGG. You may want to cover your work area because if you try to blast a larger dot of SGG it may shoot all over the place ;) LOL!! Yes, I speak from experience!

Blasted Stickles GG Technique 004

Continue layering additional blasted dots of SGG and you'll create an amazing background!

Blasted Stickles GG Technique 006

And here is my finished card...

Painting the Town Red, White & Blue!

Blasted Stickles GG Technique 008

Pretty cool huh?

Now just think of all the great color combinations you could come up with for all sorts of occasions!

8 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I'm gonna have to give this a try now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! AWESOME!! I love how this came out Roni. What a fantastic technique and this was a perfect background for your painter! Gorgeous!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cool. I am going to try it now too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is way cool!!! What an awesome way to add some pizzazz to your layouts or cards. I'm going to have to break down and get me some air!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Roni. Love all your ideas you come up with. This makes a great background and I NEED to buy another can of air because I used my last one up trying to unclog my glimmer mist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the way this turned out! A perfect "10" as far as I'm concerned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool technique. Guess I need some canned air. And I love the card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!