Friday, November 6, 2009

Alcohol Ink Tea Roses

Continuing with my Alcohol Ink Flowers today I wanted to share how to create AI Tea Roses! Now of course you could change the color combos but in my mind tea roses are delicate pale beauties... If you'd like red, yellow, peach, etc. I'm sure they would turn out great.

Alcohol Ink Tea Roses

AI Tea Roses 001

Supplies:

Adirondack Alcohol Inks (Example Colors: Peach Bellini, Pink Sherbet, Mt. Rose & Pesto)

Alcohol Blending Solution
Blending Tool & Felts

Glossy Cardstock

Instructions:

1. Apply the inks in the following pattern according to the diagram:

4 dots of Pink Sherbet

4 dots of Peach Bellini

1 dot of Mt. Rose in the center

Alcohol Blending Solution circling the Mt. Rose.

AI Tea Roses 002

Here is what your felt will look like...

AI Tea Roses 003

2. When you stamp these flowers you are going to need to pay particular attention to your handle. You need to place the handle on the cardstock and quickly rotate it 1/4 turn in whatever direction you choose.

Start here -

AI Tea Roses 004

Quickly twist 1/4 turn -

AI Tea Roses 005

and here is what your flowers will look like...

AI Tea Roses 007

3. Cut a leaf shape from a felt and cover using Pesto AI.

AI Tea Roses 008

4. Stamp leaves where desired....

AI Tea Roses 011

And there you go!!

I just love these flowers...

the combo of the AI & Blending solution give the roses a soft, vintage, romantic feel.

I've got more of these great flowers to share with you next week so be sure to stop back in and check em out!

As soon as I get some new batteries for my camera I'll make a video to accompany these directions for the visual learners ;)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

9 comments:

  1. I just found your site Roni. I love what you do and these AI tutorials are wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I love these too!
    Enjoy!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roni,

    what you do and what you create is absolutely brilliant.
    it's been a while since I follow your blog, about a year. and I've always been charmed by your creativity.
    you are a true artist, and you have an amazing talent.
    Thank you for us to share your talents.

    I am very interested in your book. where and how do I buy?

    Have a great day Roni,
    Peace,

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, Roni! Love these, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow, that is SOOOO cool! You are amazing!!!
    xoxo,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  6. roni that is BRILLIANT - OMGOSH!! can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve with these!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These would make gorgeous background papers! I love the leaf cut-out idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WhAT A WONDERFUL TECHNIQUE!
    Thanks so much for sharing it with us!!! I love it when folks share techniques!! i do the same! I'll be back to visit you often! I love your work!!
    Best Regards!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing. That really looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!