Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Purple Faerie Paper Crafts July DT Challenge!!

This month the challenge for the Purple Faerie Paper Crafts Design Team was quilts! They could be pieced, paper folding, stamped, etc. Whatever we wanted. Seeing how I suck at fabric quilting (can't sew myself out of a paper bag!!) I was a bit worried BUT...I used ink & stamps so it was sooooooo much fun!!!

I was lucky enough to use Sweet Memories Quilt Texture Plate! And here is what I came up with....

Blankets....

Supplies: Sweet Memories Quilt Stamp - Purple Faerie; Archival Inks - Ranger; Cardstock - Bazzill & Club Scrap; Fontwerks Stitches Stamps; Vellum - unknown.

Purple Faerie - Quilts 005

The quilt it's self was stamped using several different shades of ink. I also stamped one quilt in black ink which served as my base. I then cut out sections from each quilt and pieced it onto the black base quilt. It took a while but I think it was worth it in the end... The sentiment reads - "Blankets wrap you in warmth... Quilts wrap you in love..."

Friends....

Supplies: Sweet Memories Quilt Stamp - Purple Faerie; Archival Ink - Ranger; Distress Inks - Ranger; Watercolor Pencils - Staedtler; Flower & Bird stamps - Inkadinkado; Cloths Pins - Darcie; Mulberry Paper, Jute - Unknown

Purple Faerie - Quilts 002

This is my favorite of the 2 cards I made...probably one of favorite cards I've ever made!! I just LOVE how this turned out ~ exactly like I imagined it would (don't you love it when that happens!!). I stamped the quilt onto white mulberry paper. I then colored in each of the little squares with a watercolor pencil & waterbrush. Once it was dry I carefully edged it with black sharpie and cut it out. I mounted it onto blue mulberry paper and pulled it apart (for the frayed edges).

NOW...I have to thank Karen for the background inspiration! She recently got into landscape stamping and oh my...the goodies she's made!!! While I don't have any "official" background stamps I thought I might be able to do something close to what she does. The sky & ground are watercolor Distress Ink (reinker) that I "painted" onto some watercolor paper. I then stamped a weed repeatedly and added flowers again using various shades of Distress Inks.

When it was all dry I strung my cloths line and hung the quilt out to dry! You can't see it in the photo but the quilt looks like it's flapping in the breeze because I used Pop-Dots and other double sided tape with different thicknesses to give the quilt a rippling effect! It's way cool when you see it IRL.

If you'd like to see the rest of the projects created by other Purple Faerie DT members please check em out here... July DT Challenge - Quilts!

Hope you're all having a wonderful week :)

Back to work on my projects!!

TTFN!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, the second card is my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just LOVE those quilts...and the 2nd card is my very favorite as well. It does look just like it's flapping in the breeze! The mulberry paper makes it look just like fabric. You did such a wonderful job on those...the quilts almost look like little fabric jewels!
    I don't have a quilt stamp, but I might have to try making one by cutting and pasting handcut squares. The mulberry paper mat is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!