Monday, July 28, 2008

MIA, New Stuff & Olympic News

Hey all...sorry I've been MIA for a bit ~ my Mom took off the end of last week to spend with Bob & my niece before they went back to school. We did all sorts of fun things and well, I slacked off and didn't get a thing done for the blog - LOL!! Then we harvested some oats & wheat on our farm this weekend... Whew!

I promise to be back up and running tomorrow with more fun stuff with Mica!

I do have some cool news I thought I'd share with you though ~ I have a card coming out in the newest issues of Stampers Sampler! My Oh La La stickles card is included in the Theme-less area of the magazine!

Stickles - Ohh La La

Supplies:

Stickles Glitter Glue - Ranger
Archival Ink - Jet Black - Ranger
Glossy Accents - Ranger
Adirondack Dabber Paint - Ranger
Chipboard Letters - Heidi Swapp
Cardstock - Bazzill
Acetate - Office Depot

Instructions:

1. Stamp image using Archival Ink onto acetate sheet & let dry.

2. Flip image over and "color" dress & background using Stickles Glitter Glue. Let dry overnight.

3. Cut dress out and mount onto cardstock using Glossy Accents (it will secure it without showing through the stickles!)

4. Paint chipboard letters with Black Dabber and let dry.

5. Once letters are dry, apply a thin layer of Stickles over the letters. (Note - I usually use my finger to do this. I have better control than if I used a brush or straight out of the bottle.) Let dry.

6. Mount stamped image & letters onto card base.


I also have some cool Olympic news to share with you.....

The man my Mom works for has a daughter that is into running...when I say "into running" I mean she has qualified to be on the United States Olympic Team and is going to Beijing next month!!! How cool is that :) Her name is Amy Yoder Begley and I found out when she will be running....(this is actually copied from the e-mail from her dad because it's sort of confusing)

Amy will be in the Opening Ceremonies on August 8, whether or not you will be able to see her is debatable. Her race is either 9am or 9pm Beijing time on August 15. I am not clear on that. If it 9am then it will be Thursday night at 9:00pm Indiana time as Beijing is exactly 12 hours ahead of us.If it is 9pm then it will be 9am on Friday August 15 Indiana time. Hopefully, I will know something more specific later.

So, if you're into the Olympics, be sure to tune in and root for our team :) It's fun to say I actually know someone who will be participating!

TTFN Friends!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Roni, I'm glad you got to have some fun with your mom & the "kids". Hard to believe school is coming up soon, isn't it!

    Congrats on having your card included in the magazine, that's great! I'm so proud of you!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats on being published AGAIN!

    Do you keep a book or portfolio of all of your published work? That would be cool. You know, something to page through and see all of the pieces in their raw and published form.

    You're the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Roni - it's a beautiful card! I'll look out for it in my copy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!