Sunday, March 3, 2024

Giraffe Postcard Art

 Trying a new challenge out today. I've been subscribed to the Sunday Postcard Art Challenge blog for a long time now but I never seem to get my act together to participate as their challenges are 1 week in duration.  Well, this weeks theme was Giraffe - they are my favorite animal so I knew I had to give it a go. 


So, the only requirement is that the postcard should be 4x6" and follow that week's theme of course. So I wanted to make a vintage looking postcard so I started off by stamping the "Ledger Background" from Lost Coast Designs with acorn Versafine Clair ink onto a piece of cream colored cardstock. I then added the vintage photo of the giraffe's (Gecko Galz).  I used another GG giraffe image to make a giraffe themed postage stamp, added a couple number stickers and a sentiment.

I'm glad I finally decided to play...it was really fun to make.


4 comments:

  1. One of my favourite animals too, great postcard

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely and I'm glad you participated at Sunday Postcard Art. All forms of art are acceptable, as long as the size is 4"x6" / 6"x4". I hope you continue to join us each week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card ...well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!